✨Chapter Seven-Clear Lake

James POV

The atmosphere was peculiar but then it hit me. That familiar scent of roses, it was Iris, the only girl who did not notice me. My crush.

"Where exactly was I." I sat up from the comfy chair.

"Oh you are awake now, it's about time", she scoffed.

"Iris, thank you so much for helping me", I paused and entwined my hands with hers, " this means a lot to me."

She left my hands and stood up backing me. She was initially sitting on the chair with me.

"I'm glad you are alright now, James."

The way my name rolled off her lips made me feel really happy. She is so beautiful with her black curly hair and her small lips. What am I thinking?

"James, I'm talking to you, focus. You should go home now. I'm sure your folks are worried sick about you and my aunt isn't comfortable with you here."

She flipped her hair and I could see her beautiful shoulders and neckline. She wore an off-shoulder top. Focus James.

"But Iris why did you help me, I mean you are not obliged to do so and yet you did." I wanted to know why she helped me.

"Don't take this personal but when I saw you at the park, it reminded me of Pearl, my late kitten. You laid on the grass and you looked helpless, weak and just like how I found Pearl when she was run over by a car. It was too late by the time I took her to the vet." She paused and wiped a tear. She must have loved Pearl a lot.

"You were just dehydrated and you had a mild concussion. My house was close so I brought you here. I couldn't leave you there, I'm not that bad. So here we are."

She stopped and finally faced me fully, "You've been out for five hours now."

"Five hours, wow", I shook my head in disbelief.

"Thanks once again, I owe you a-"

She cut in, "Don't say that you won't keep your word just go."

I was really surprised at her sudden change of attitude. What happened to her, but I knew Iris Floyd better than to argue with her.

She was known in school as the Mute Sun. She was very intelligent, and always got all A's but she rarely said a word to anyone. Iris is such a beauty but she keeps to herself.

I decided to leave. She had a point. I reached for the door but I was stopped by a woman who looked mid-thirties. I presumed she was Iris' infamous aunt. She smiled at me and told me she would give me a ride home. I was shocked by what she said but I quickly accepted her kind gesture.

She yelled, "Iris take care of the house, I'll be back after dropping off this gentleman."

Then she pulled my cheeks playfully. This was bizarre.

In exactly forty-five minutes, I was at my house. I knew it would be rude to just go in so I told her to come with me.

I pressed the bell and immediately my dad saw me, he hugged me tightly. I spotted a teardrop from his eyes and he led us in.

He thanked Iris' aunt several times and they exchanged numbers.

Dad was about to serve her something when she blushed and sighed "I would have loved to stay but I have to get going. My niece is at home alone and it's getting late. I'll see you around", then she winked.

Dad escorted her out and we ate dinner together, Dad, Emily and I.
Dad prepared my favourite, Spaghetti and meatballs. Surprisingly, the dinner was peaceful.