"He-el-"

Shit. Her voice cracked.

Chungha let out a small giggle and sat back down on her seat.

"Hi," she spoke and Seulgi cleared her throat and sat down on the chair opposite of Chungha.

"Hi."

"I just ordered this. I hope you don't mind that I ordered a blueberry cheesecake," Chungha said and Seulgi waved her hand abruptly.

"No, no. It's fine, thanks," she assured and smiled sweetly, hoping she could hide her nervousness.

"I hope this isn't awkward," Chungha stated nervously with a small laugh and grabbed her boba tea.

"You just made it more awkward."

"I just made this a whole lot more awkward."

"I mean," Seulgi started, grabbing her glass of boba as well and took a sip. "I feel like this meeting is very unusual but it's not awkward," she half lied. Trying to ease the situation was something she could do. However, if what she just said was the right thing to say to ease the situation... She wasn't so sure of that either.

"That's good to hear," Chungha spoke and scratched her nape. "So, uhhm."

"Here it comes," Seulgi thought and prepared herself mentally for whatever words that were going to come out of Chungha's mouth.

"The reason I contacted you from the beginning was because..." She trailed off.

Seulgi waited patiently for her to find the right words. Meanwhile, she grabbed a fork that laid on the table and took a small bite of the cheesecake. Chewing something actually calmed her down a lot and it stopped her from biting her lower lips until they bled. Besides, having her hands occupied with the cutlery hindered her from fiddling with them.

"Well," Chungha spoke again before sighing. "I guess you've already figured it's about Taeyong."

"...Yes," Seulgi managed to utter, already feeling her pulse rise. Why did she even agree to come here?

"And don't worry, I'm not here to tell you that you can't do this or you can't do that," Chungha tried to explain, not wanting to freak her out too much. Seulgi could only nod as an answer and pursed her lips while she waited for a continuation.

"Also, I have had my doubts but I believe in Taeyong when he says nothing has happened between you two romatically. However, I know that Taeyong values your friendship so, so, so much," Chungha explained.

"I'm not so sure about that," Seulgi murmured and stirred her boba with the straw.

"Then please fill me in," Chungha encouraged and Seulgi looked at her straight in the eye. "What is actually going on?"

"Let's be honest for once Kang Seulgi," Seulgi thought to herself before speaking.

"Taeyong and I haven't been friends for a long time actually, I think you are aware that we hated each other for a long time. We just started getting along during November last year," Seulgi told her, not really knowing herself where this was going but she kept on rambling anyway.

"However, I found out he was dating you during the new year and I just felt like I had to do something-"

"Like what?" Chungha quickly questioned, resting her chin on her hand as she listened attentively.

"Like staying away from him," Seulgi answered briefly, not even wanting to continue anymore.

"Why?"