Chapter 17

"What if I wake her up?" Yerim whispered to the three girls who were eagerly pushing her into Seulgi's room.

"That's why you need to be quiet, now get going!" Joohyun scolded her quietly and Yerim groaned before turning back to Seulgi's room door.

She twisted the door knob slowly and quietly, opening the door and peeking her small head into the room before opening it fully and walking in. She looked at Seulgi who slept peacefully with her back turned to her. After taking a deep breath, she stood on her toe tips and tiptoed slowly towards Seulgi's desk, being careful of not waking her up. She quickly grabbed Seulgi's laptop and phone, pursing her lips as she saw the screen turning on because of the constant notifications. She turned around and tiptoed out of the room, closing the door and then turning to the other girls.

"She will find out anyway," Yerim then pointed out as she handed over the laptop and phone to Seungwan.

"Yes, but not now," Joohyun said and they all walked back to the living room.

"I really did not expect those news," Sooyoung commented as she sat down on the sofa, causing Joohyun to let out a light scoff.

"I did," she stated and crossed her arms.

"Nothing's confirmed yet, though." Yerim told the older member.

"But fans are already speculating," Seungwan added as she came back from her room. "I hid Seulgi's things in my closet, now we just need to distract her with board games or something."

"Did I hear board games?"

The girls all looked up to see a drowsy Seulgi, standing by the living room door as she rubbed her eyes tiredly. "I love board games," she yawned quietly and stretched her back before walking, or more like wobbling, to the sofa, dropping her body on the empty spot right between Joohyun and Sooyoung.

"Geez, how much did you drink last night?" Joohyun asked the hungover girl, remembering the amount of soju she had drunk last night as they celebrated the new year while the others only had one or two glasses.

Seulgi wasn't the type of person who drank out of pleasure, Joohyun knew Seulgi saw alcohol as a way out and knew that when she drank, she couldn't control herself. Seulgi was a heavy drinker and loved to drink until she passed out, and Joohyun had tried multiple times to stop her last night but she kept on insisting and telling her she was fine. Joohyun sighed as she knew something was bothering Seulgi because of the amount she drank, and the bewildering news was therefore not something Seulgi had to know about today.

"I'm fine," Seulgi groaned and buried herself in the pillows behind her. "I know I drank a lot, but honestly I've had worse hangovers."

"Well, maybe you should just rest today then," Seungwan suggested and Seulgi looked up tiredly at her.

"But I wanted to play board games," she pouted. "Where did we put the Monopoly?"

"You won't be able to play Monopoly for at least four hours like this," Yerim told her and grabbed the remote from the table in front of them. "Let's watch TV instead," she suggested and turned it on.

"Oh yeah!" Seulgi lit up, "let's watch Hwayugi! I missed the premiere last week."

"You missed it?" Sooyoung exclaimed, her eyes widened. "How do you miss the one and only Lee Seunggi?" she then asked, this time with a playful frown on her face.

"I'll turn it on, stop fighting." Yerim laughed as she browsed through the channels.

"NCT's Taeyong and a mysterio-"