Prologue

"Thank you."

Seulgi took a sip of her strawberry latte and immediately calmed down. She was in her fifth year of training in SM and for every day that passed she felt more worried about not being able to debut. Most of her friends that trained with her had already debuted, but she was stuck in the same old training building with the same old routines. She wanted to quit, just give up and live a normal life without restrictions. But she had already been in the agency for five years and if she quit now, those five years would've gone to waste.

Being so into her thoughts, she didn't notice the guy walking hurriedly in front of her and felt a hard bump on her shoulder, making her drop her strawberry latte.

"Hey!" she shouted as she noticed him walking away. "You! You in the blue hoodie!"

"What?! I'm in a hurry!" he shouted back and turned around, a frustrated expression plastered on his face.

Seulgi walked up to him with an angry expression and crossed her arms. "Aren't you going to apologize?"

"For what?" he snapped and her irritation grew higher. What was his problem?

"I don't know, how about you tell me?" she snapped at him.

"What is your problem? Are you mad because I accidentally bumped into you and made you drop your, whatever drink that is?" he said and pointed at her strawberry latte behind her that was splashed all over the ground. "Listen, I have to be somewhere in five minutes and I don't have time to argue with a moody brat like you."

"Excuse me?" she snapped once again and scoffed. "You wouldn't be arguing with me right now if you just apologized from the beginning."

"Well then, miss. I am truly sorry for bumping into you and making you drop your drink." He said and Seulgi took a deep breath, trying to calm down once again.

"It's okay, I accept your apology." She said calmly.

"And I'm sorry that you must experience such bad PMS. Your mood just went from zero to one hundred and back to zero real quick." He added and Seulgi flashed a sarcastic smile.

"Just get out of my sight," she sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Gladly." The guy flashed a her a sarcastic smile in return and walked away.

Seulgi rubbed her temples and looked at her watch. Classes today started at 10am, and she had about fifteen minutes to get to the building.

"I don't even have time to buy a new drink," she pouted. She went to pick up the plastic bottle from the ground and threw it in the trash can and began walking to the training center.

-------------------------------------------

"What's up with that face?" Seungwan asked Seulgi as they warmed up before the dance class started.

"Bumped into a very irritating guy." She answered briefly and stretched her arms.

"Don't let a stranger ruin your mood." Taeil said as he heard the girls' conversation and went over to them.

"But he was so annoying! He didn't apologize for bumping into me, and then he acted like a jerk and you should have seen his face!"

"Why, was he handsome? Is that why you're extra irritated? A handsome guy with a shitty personality?" Yerim teased, joining their conversation about this mystery guy and soon, everyone in the room joined the conversation.

"What did he say?"
"When did it happen?"
"How old was he?"
"What's his problem?"
"Was he handsome?"

"No!" Seulgi exclaimed and rolled her eyes. "He had one of those faces that you just want to punch, you know?"

"Quiet everyone!"

The whole class fell dead silent as the dance coach walked into the room. Everyone quickly stood up and greeted him with a bow.

"I have some good news for you today. A new trainee has been recruited and he's going to train with this group from now on." He said and a guy with black sweatpants and a blue hoodie walked into the room. Seulgi felt her soul leave her body as she noticed that certain blue hoodie.

"Please don't tell me that it's him, tell me that there are other guys out there who own the exact same hoodie." She thought but widened her eyes as she saw his face clearly.

"Please introduce yourself," the dance coach said and the guy did a ninety degree bow and flashed everyone a warm smile.

"Hello everyone, my name is Lee Taeyong and I'm eighteen years old, and from today I'll be training with all of you. Please take good care of me," he said and bowed once again. The whole class greeted him except for Seulgi who stayed in the same position with the same expression on her face.

The dance coach smiled and motioned for him to go and line up with the other trainees but he stayed upright with a surprised expression. Everyone in the room were confused and looked towards the direction that Taeyong was looking at and fell silent. They all understood quickly that that was the guy Seulgi was talking about and they all felt the tension in the air as both Taeyong and Seulgi glared at each other. Even the dance coach felt the tension and raised his eyebrow at their glaring contest.

"Awkward~" Chittaphon sang in a high pitched voice, breaking the silence and making almost everyone burst into a few giggles or chuckles. Almost meaning everyone except for Taeyong and Seulgi, who now looked away from each other as they noticed the attention they were getting from the class. 

And so the dance class began, with Seulgi at the very left side of the room and Taeyong at the very right side of the room. Plus some glares, sarcastic comments, mean comments, eye-rolling, snapping and much more between the two of them.

-------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey everyone!
So this is basically a backstory of how Seulgi and Taeyong met and how their dislike towards each other started, just to give you all some background info. 
I'll be uploading the first chapter later this week, so I hope you all stay tuned for that and thank you for reading Our Dating Scandal! <3

~Somini~