Chapter 18

"Sooyoung-ah, did you eat?"

Seulgi smiled at the fans cheering loudly as Sooyoung stood up to wave at Dohwan, knowing that a lot of fans loved their chemistry together. She turned her gaze to the left, chuckling as she watched Sungjae drink his water which she knew meant he was nervous. But while the fans loved Sooyoung and Dohwan's chemistry, she herself loved Sooyoung's chemistry with Sungjae a lot more.

You could see how madly in love they were with each other during the days they spent together on We Got Married. Sooyoung would always come home from her shoot and tell the girls about all the lovely moments she had with Sungjae and the other, more lovely, moments they had off camera.

And thanks to Eunkwang, Seulgi had known that Sungjae did the same. He would come home to the guys and ramble up all the perfect things about Sooyoung and Seulgi found it really cute. She and Eunkwang would always make sure Sooyoung and Sungjae got paired together whenever the two groups would meet and hang out. Everytime they got together for picnics, fun days at amusement parks, or shopping sprees. They were technically in-laws, right? Of course they would hang out more often than usual.

And thanks to all the time they spent together, and thanks to all the time they let Sungjae and Sooyoung get at least a few minutes of alone time, they had both opened up about their feelings for each other. They weren't dating yet because of the fear of scandals, but you couldn't deny that they were meant for each other, and that once they started dating, they would never stop.

Seulgi smiled even more as she saw Eunkwang ensuring Sungjae that there was nothing to worry about. "Cute," she mumbled and turned her gaze to the front.

"Bonsang, Red Velvet. Congratulations!"

Seulgi widened her eyes, not knowing if she heard right since her mind was somewhere. However, she didn't hear wrong and she and the other girls stood up from their seats, everyone in complete shock.

"We won?" Seulgi exclaimed, not believing it. She covered her mouth with her hand, feeling the lump forming in her throat.

"Our first award is a bonsang?" Yerim asked, tears in her eyes as she couldn't believe it.

"Come on, let's go," Joohyun told them excitingly and they walked up to the stage, listening to the sound of fans cheering as well as Peek A Boo that was playing in the arena. Seulgi pressed her lips together as she tried to fight the tears, but she couldn't fight the delight feeling she felt right now. This was their first ever award claimed at an award show, and not just any award, it was a bonsang. An award that truly showed their determination and hard work in the industry. The group's hard work had finally paid off.

"The eight bonsang of tonight is awarded to Red Velvet!"

"Yes, in 2017 they released Rookie, Red Flavor, and Peek A Boo. Red Flavor was a huge success and let the group achieve 219 hourly perfect All-Kills, breaking the record for most hourly perfect All-Kills."

"This is Red Velvet's first award and let's hope they gain many more in 2018!"

Seulgi bowed to the hosts and went to stand by one of the mics, waiting for Joohyun and Yerim to go and accept the award and the flowers.

"One, two, three."

"Happiness, we are Red Velvet!" the girls introduced and loud cheers were heard once again around the arena.

"Wow.." Joohyun laughed as she looked out to the audience. "Thank you so much for all the love we received throughout 2017 up until now, and thank you for believing in us and our hard work. I think this bonsang award we received today is a confirmation for our hard work and I can promise everyone that Red Velvet is going to work even harder this year. Also, we certainly hope you will enjoy our comeback that's soon." She smirked as the fans cheered, excited for their upcoming comeback. "Please give it a lot of love, thank you."