🐟 chapter 5

Jungkook was awake very early in the morning. He had been thinking of the boy all night. Barely getting his sleep. As soon the sun shone through his curtains and the morning breeze started to fill the room with fresh air he jumped out of bed.

Taking a quick shower and brush his teeth. He walked down the stairs while drying his hair. He opened the fridge seeing a ready-made box with rice and chicken. A simple meal. He put it in the microwave and walked to the glass wall. Jungkook first threw the towel on the couch and then opened the curtains that covered the windows. Letting the morning sun inside.

His eyes catched the sea...With the morning waves. It was calm.
and he knew that somewhere there was a lovely merman he had met.

Taehyung.

He smiled at the memory of last night and walked to the kitchen. He will first get breakfast and a drink then maybe take a swim. Or try to find the boy. He didnt know where Taehyung would be at day time. But this was time to find out.

-

And again he was in the water. He had swam all the way to some rocks that were laying dry after the early hours of the morning.
He sat there with his feet in the water as he let himself dry in the sun.

Waiting.

He was hoping to see the merman again today, he will come here everyday and meet him. If the boy would return..

But then he heard a water splash like sound. He opened his eyes and immediately his mood went up.

"hello"

"hi" it was Taehyung. He placed his arms on the rocks and rested his head on them looking up at Jungkook.

"im happy you came" jungkook said.

"im happy to see you, i hoped you would come visit again" taehyung smiled. Its been this short but he already adored this human. This human will get a special spot in his heart together with his family, which he had lost.

"i will come visit everyday for you."

Taehyung smiled warmly at the words.

"im sorry i cant stay longer, i havent eaten yet and its all the way over there. There arent good plants here for me to eat.

"i can make you something?"

"i want some seawead for breakfast. Its okay, i will come eat with you again soon"

"deal, then i will wait till then."
Jungkook said and looked at the sky, then back down. "do you actually stay aroind here or do you wander around?"

"well i stay mostly here to wait if you may come to swim again. But i go there to the rocks or open water to eat or just play a bit" taehyung explained pointed around over the water sides.

"i see, well you go eat now. Im glad you came again" jungkook said and stood up to jump in the water.

"okay, thank you"

"wait Taehyung"

"hm?" the merman turned back around looking at the land man.

"i know it was short but i missed you"

"i missed you too, i couldnt sleep well" taehyung said and complained a bit the last part. "im tired now"

"will you be okay?"

"of course i will, the water is calm. I can get around without much movement."

"if you say so, but be careful. Im not at home today" jungkook said a bit worried.

"okay i will. Have fun, bye bye" taehyung then dissapeared again.

-

"so i gave the kid a air castle"

"you just gave it a air castle...Why?" jungkook asked. He was currently with Hoseok at a bar. The older was free and around offering to treat Jungkook on a drink.

"yea, he wanted one so i give him that" hoseok had just told a story when a kid was being sad he wanted to jump but they couldn't afford things.
And thats why Hoseok bought him air castle to play with.

"you are just too kind really" jungkook said and shook his head. He himself was just rich. He wasnt particularly mean, but he also wasnt a kind butterfly as Hoseok who takes every chance to spoil someone.

"hm maybe, but i love to do it. Just helping others out"

Then suddenly the news came up. Interrupting the two who were having a drink. The cafe fell silent. For a moment.

'this is a short news flash. The weather will be bad tonight, the storm keeps blowing up and we have send out code orange for now. We suggest to stay inside and do not walk past shores. The water is wild. Stay safe, we will keep you updated'.

And then the screen went back to the baseball match. The people started talking and laughing again.
But Jungkook stared at the screen. He began to feel worried.

"i..I have to go" jungkook said getting of his seat.

"where are you going?" Hoseok asked Puting down his glass.

"home, i didn't real in my boat tightly enough, i really really gotta go. sorry, bye " without any further explanation Jungkook walked away his steps were fast. He jumped in his car and started the engine, driving straight home.
He wasnt worrying about his house as it was located on a cliff the sea wouldnt reach that high so easily. But he was worried for who was inside the water.

He was worried for Taehyung.

Once home he ran past the house and down the stairs to the beach, trying to find the keys to his boat. He got them and climbed into the boat, the water was rough in the distance sendng waves against the side.

It was a bit risky. But Jungkok was willing to take it.

He started heading more onto the water.

"Taehyung!?" he shouted, hoping the younger would give a sign somehow.
Maybe he was already deep into the sea ahead, or not even here anymore.
He didnt know, but he had to try.
Shouting his name and sailing past the rocky cliff side. There wasnt much beach only in front of his home, it was a private beach. He owned that ground.

But even after twenty minutes he didnt find him. He turned the wheel and was about to head back when suddenly something catched his eyes.

Something...Blue

He slowed down and tried to focus on what he was seeing. He gasped and his eyes widen. Because there on the rocks that were above the seawater laid a small boy his bottom half a blue  fish-like tail.

It was Taehyung.

---

Double update cus, why not. I felt like it hihi.

See you next time!
🌼🌼🌼