• Thirty One •

Betina Tiara

~

Saktong pagkatapos ng meeting ko sa isang guest, sandali muna akong tumambay sa restaurant habang inuubos ang strawberry frappé at sinimulan magbasa ng chats sa CVA room. Naabutan kong dalawa lang ang online-- si Zen at Claudius.

Napangiwi ako. Heto at binuksan na pala n'ya kay Zen ang tungkol sa cat food commercial.

Claudius: Why don’t you do a cat food commercial, Zen? Let’s work together after your cast remove.

Zen: The hell?!

Claudius: Is that a yes?

Zen: Why are you suddenly asking me that?! You know I’m allergic to cats!

Claudius: Forget that you don’t get along with cats and consider it. This is business.

Zen: HELL NO!

Zen: Oh, Betina! I have something to tell you later! I’m so excited! It’s about my new project.

Betina: Didn’t you say that you’re giving up the role?

Zen: Yes but it’s a good news!

Claudius: Zen, this will help your career. You’ll never know, one day, you will overcome your allergy. It’s best to do everything for a celebrity like you.

Zen: God... please stop, Claudius.

Claudius: Perhaps God was angry at your ill treatment towards cats and gave you that allergy.

Zen: What kind of logic is that?! I avoid cats because I’m allergic, I’ve never mistreated them you idiot.

Claudius: You’re very narrow-minded to cats for such a petty reason. I feel pity for those who can’t recognize the beauty of cats. You can just overcome it with love.

Zen: Says the one who’s almost like a robot...

Zen: Don’t bother about my allergy, I only need Betina to understand me.

Claudius: It’s common sense to grab the opportunity to make yourself more known.

Betina: Claudius... just find someone else.

Zen: Yeah! I’m doing fine without you. I’ve said this before--- a long time ago that I don’t care about your money or your connections.

Claudius: You are always hostile about my generosity. You always have some sort of excuse to refuse my help... hope it’s not because you’re not professional.

Zen: Dude, this time, it’s about my allergy!

Zen: You’re trying to mess with me on purpose, right?!

Claudius: It’s an arrogant thought to think that I would waste my energy trying to find ways to mess with you.

Zen: You’re such a douche. Stop giving me a hard time, please.

Betina: That’s enough, guys.

Claudius: It seems like you always have something against me, perhaps you are jealous?

Zen: My God!? Jealous to a jerk?! Whatever. I should stop wasting my time and rest.

Zen: Betina, see you later, okay? Be safe going here. I’ll prepare something nice for you.

Claudius: How sweet.

Zen: Tss!

Pagkatapos umalis ni Zen ay natatawa at napapailing na lang ako sa kanila. Ubos na rin ang iniinom kong frappé kaya naman naghanda na 'ko para bumalik sa office.