Chapter 8

* Anastasia *

It's been a week since Nikolina's funeral . I'm somehow managing to be okay .Elijah thought it might be good to go on vacation to get our mind off of it and I agreed to make him happy . He's been incredibly worried about me lately . I threw my clothes in my suitcase , not bothering to even look at what I was packing . Elijah had packed yesterday and I was feeling rather slow . I didn't know where he was taking me and I honestly didn't care . I was just happy to be out of he house . Rebekah is doing better . Sometimes we stay up for hours just talking and being there for eachother . 

" Damn . " I muttered when I couldn't find my shoes .

I took a look in the mirror and my jaw dropped . I looked awful ! My pale skin was even paler and very dry and my dark hair was brittle . I shook my head and touched my cheek to make sure I wasn't seeing things . 

" Nope . I really DO look that bad . " I muttered , looking at my puffy eyes .

I sighed and made my way to the shower and when I got out , I dried off and curled my dark hair for a change and applied some natural make up before sliding into jeans and a hunter green blouse with an emerald choker around my neck .  I ran a hand through my curls and hairsprayed them and put on some lipgloss and when I was done , I looked in the mirror and saw someone that looked vibrant and fool of life. 
" There we go . Only took a gallon of makeup to look like a normal person . " I muttered sarcastically .

I finally found my damn shoes and slid them back on and walked out the door with my suitcase . I paused at the staircase when I heard voices. 

" Are you sure taking her on a trip is a good idea ? " Kol asked . 
" Of course it is ! She needs a vacation ! " Tatiana said.

" I don't know what she needs anymore . And that scares me . " Elijah's voice said quietly .

" Elijah , we all know you've been worried about her . " Elena said with a sigh .

" You do realize that we're all she has now ? We're it ! " Elijah growled and I was holding in my stomach like a big blow had hit me . 

I took a deep breath and recovered , walking downstairs , turning on a smile . I was determined to seem like everything was right with the world . As soon as I walked downstairs , they all got quiete , but thier jaws dropped when they saw how happy I looked. Abnormally happy . Maybe I should tone it down ...

 " Are you alright ? " Klaus asked suprised .

I nodded .
" I'm fine . It's a beautiful day . We should go , we're going to miss our flight . " I replied  , kissing Elijah's cheek as I walked out to the car with my bag .

* Klaus *

" What . The . Hell . " Kol said looking after Anastasia . 

 Elijah smacked him on the back of the head and then blurred after his wife. 
" Great going . " I said sarcastically.

" She seemed ... "  Tatia trailed off . 

" Overly happy ? " Rebekah asked . 

" Just plain ... wierd . " Damon replied .

Within the second , Elijah blurred in and smacked Damon on the back of the head and then blurred back out . Damon and Kol rubbed thier heads  . 
" OUCH ! "

 * Anastasia *

I saw Elijah go back into the house . 
" What was that about ? " I asked with a cocked eyebrow .
" Nothing , I just forgot something . " he said , chuckling as he started up the car .

I shook my head and then turned my attention to the road .
" So ....... " I trailed off , wanting to start a conversation , but not knowing what to say .

" So ..... " Elijah replied , not taking his eyes off of the road .

I crossed my arms and sat back in my seat .
" Well this is awkard . " I muttererd sarcastically . 

Elijah chuckled again . 

" You look beautiful . " he said , looking over at me .

I sighed .
" Why didn't you tell me I looked like hell ? " I asked .

He shrugged .
" Maybe because to me , you never look like hell . " he said honestly .

I couldn't hold back the smile that creeped onto my lips and it irritated me because I was supposed to be cross with him . 

" I hate you . " I muttered with a smile , leaning over and kissing him .

He laughed . 

" If this is hate, I wonder what love is . " he joked .

I rolled my eyes and then we got silent again . 
" How are you holding up ? " he finally asked after a few minitues .

I turned on my abnormally happy smile again .

" I'm fine ! " I exclaimed happily .

Elijah looked over at me and nearly ran off the road .
" Anastasia , you look like the joker or the grinch ." he said , shaking his head with a shudder at my wide smile .

I looked down and made it slightly smaller and more natural .

" I'm fine. " I said a second time .

" I know you better then that , my love . " he replied . 

" Elijah ... I'm okay . " I repeated , grabbing his hand .

He looked up at me again and he seemed to believe me . I took a deep breath mentally . Good . He believed me . Note to self ... don't smile to big ... people will compare you with the joker . We got to the airport and got on our private jet that we barrowed from someone . Elijah got my bags in one hand and wrapped an arm around me with the other . We got on our flight and sat down and I sighed , leaning back against him . 
" Are you feeling well ? " he asked .

I shrugged .
" Just tired . " I lied , putitng my head on his chest .

He stroked my hair and kissed my forehead and I wouldn't let him see my face because I was worried he'd see through me .

" Where are you taking me ? " I asked ,grabbing his hand .

------------ Hmmmm ... where are they going ? Comment me . -------