Chapter 3

* Nikolina *

I heard Jesse's voice and passed mom and dad on the staircase . I'd been crying alot from the loss of Tatherina . Mother and Father looked ... pissed . I didn't look at them as I walked downstairs and saw my Uncles and Jesse . I cleared my throat and he looked up at me longingly . 

" What are you doing here ? " I snapped .

" He came to warn us. " Uncle Kol said .

I looked suprised , but I didn't show it .

" Can we talk ? " Jesse asked .

I shrugged .

" Yes , yes we can . "  I replied , crossing my arms as we walked outiside . 

" Look, Nikki . I just .... I love you so much . " he said looking over at me .

" You know NOTHING about me . You put my family in danger and now Tatherina is dead . And it's your fault . " I snarled. 

He looked down . 

" I'm sorry . " he whispered.

" This was never about you . Or the alpha wanting you . It was about an attack on the leaders of the supernatural world . My parents . But you know who suffered ? All of us . And I'm still blaming you . And I hate you . " I whispered as some tears came down my cheek . 

He looked up with watery eyes and put a hand on my cheek .

" Stop that . " I whispered . 

" When you hurt , it hurts me to . " he replied .

" I love Philip . I said bluntly .

He froze . 

" Y-You love someone else ? " he asked quietly .

I nodded. 

" Yes . "I replied .

He took his hand away and looked down at the ground , walking off down the street. As soon as he was gone , I felt arms around me . 

" Is it true ? " Phillip's voice asked from behind me .

I nodded .

" It is . " I whispered . 

Phillip looked down at me and kissed me slowly . 

" I love you too. " he whispered . 

I pushed my toes up , deepening the kiss between us . 

* Rebekah *

I was devestated . My daughter was dead . I hadn't stopped crying since it happened . I just sat by her bed and pictured her there . I reached over and saw all of her things and the tears started to come down heavily again . In a blur , Damon had his arms around me . 

" Shhh . It will be okay , Rebekah . " he whispered sadly .

" She's gone, Damon . She's gone . " I replied hoarsely .

He nodded .

" I know . " he replied , strokeing my hair .

I cried hysterically into his chest .

" Our princess . " I whispered .

" She wouldn't want you to be sad , baby . " he said , stroking my hair gently again .

" We had so many plans ." I rambled on in my grief .

I felt a tear fall on me from Damon and turned around , pulling him into a hug .

" She wouldn't want us to be sad, baby . " I said with a small smile through our tears . 

He nodded and hugged me tighter .

* Anastasia *

The next morning , we walked to the cemtery for Tatherina's funeral . Elijah was holding me in one arm and Nikolina in the other . Nikki was still crying , but I was just cold and stiff . Damon was holding Rebekah and everyone was silent . Rina laid out on her coffin in a beatiful black gown . Tatiana and Katheirne had dressed her up very pretty . 

" Is anyone going to say anything to begin ? " Elena asked , looking at Tatherina's unmoving body .

Everyone was silent again .I walked forward and stood in front of my family .

" Tatherina was more then just Rebekah and Damon's daughter . She was apart of our family . Our eternal family . She was her mother's princess and her daddy's girl . " I started , looking down .

I saw Rebekah look up at me gratefully . 

" She was adopted into this family . But you would never be able to tell . I watched her grow everyday into a fine and beautiful young woman . Just like her mother . I don't think she couldn've asked for anything more . She was so much like you , Rebekah . In everything she did . Right down to the designer heels . I was her proud aunt . And for Damon , she was sarcastic and rebelious . But we all know that deep down , she had a heart of gold . She was a big part of this family , now and forever . It will be hard to move on without her . If you think about it , we're not without her . She'll always be with us in the memories we have . She was so full of life . Please don't mourn . She wouldn't want that . " I said , looking up for the first time .

Damon and Rebekah gave me a small smile . 

" This is a celebration of her life . " I said with a small smile of my own , walking over and putting a pink rose in her hand . 

I walked back to Elijah who pulled me into his arms . 

" That was beautiful ,love . " he replied .

I nodded . Nikolina was now in Phillip's arms , with her head on his chest . I knew Elijah respected Philip and so did I .

Tatiana walked up next . 

" My sister is right . Tatherina was apart  of this family . A beautiful and important part. She will be greatly missed and remembered often . " she said with a sigh , looking down . 

Klaus rubbed her arm .

" She was a girly little spitfire . Just like my sister . " she said with a small smile .

Rebekah walked up . 

" The worst pain you can feel . The loss of a child . Of my child .  I brought her home and I tried to show her all of the love and support as any mother would . And Damon was the best father to her . I wish I could've done something to protect her more . And I often doubt myself , but then I see what a wonderful girl she was and now I am happy to say that I would never change a thing about her . " she said , tearing up towards the end .

We all nodded and then it was ready to burry her . 

" Damon , take a walk with me ? " she asked , looking up at him terrified .

He nodded , grabbing her hand as they blurred out of the cemetery .

--- So sad . Comment me ----