many students had also left, event professor lockhart. thus leaving only hermione, ron, harry, and poor neville still hanging from the ceiling.

"are you okay??", evelyn asked as she looked at the back of malfoy's head.

"bloody hell! stupid pixies! stupid professor!", malfoy cursed, making evelyn lightly chuckle.

"what's so funny?! think me getting hit in the head is hilarious?!", malfoy sneered.

evelyn covered her mouth. she then moved malfoy's hand away from his head, looking to see how bad he got hit.

"w-wait! gardener...I think I'm—".

malfoy suddenly dropped to the floor, making evelyn panic.

"malfoy, stop playing", evelyn laughed.

yet malfoy didn't respond.

"malfoy! seriously, get up!! stop playing around", evelyn said more sternly this time.

malfoy laid still on the floor, not moving an inch. evelyn started panicking.

"malfoy? MALFOY!!"

evelyn quickly tried to get malfoy up by slinging his arm around her own neck. she hauled the boy up, almost dragging his legs on the squeaky clean floor.

managing to carry malfoy into the hospital wing, the school nurse—poppy pomfrey—helped malfoy onto one of the hospital beds. she took some bandage and wrapped it around his head, stopping the slight bleeding.

"madam pomfrey, is he okay??", evelyn asked, looking at malfoy worriedly.

"he'll be fine. he just passed out from some blood loss. nice job on carrying him here though", pomfrey smiled.

"of course", evelyn replied, sitting beside malfoy's bed.

"is he your boyfriend?", pomfrey suddenly asked, making evelyn tense a bit.

"not at all! in fact, we aren't even really friends", evelyn awkwardly laughed, fumbling with her thumbs.

"I'd say you guys are pretty good friends, considering you didn't just leave him to bleed on the ground", pomfrey said as she took a towel and wiped her hands.

"well, I don't like seeing innocent people die", was evelyn's response.

"well if you're done here, you may go back to class. I'll write you a pass", pomfrey said as she walked out malfoy's room to get some paper and quill.

evelyn then watched the sleeping boy's chest rise up and down. malfoy looked way more peaceful and less snotty when he was asleep.

she unconsciously smiled as she gently poked his cheek. looking in her pockets, she had found the package she was looking for.

evelyn left the treat on the counter beside malfoy's bed as she got up to leave for class.

"thank you for the note madam pomfrey!"

"of course dear. now off you go", pomfrey smiled as she waved goodbye to evelyn.

pomfrey then walked into malfoy's room, sighing.

"you can stop faking it now. no wonder the girl doesn't like you", pomfrey said.

malfoy's eyes fluttered open. his grey eyes glimmering with a type of cunningness. he sat up as he lightly touched his head, looking over to where evelyn has placed the sweet.

"oh please, if she didn't like me, she would've left me on the ground to die", malfoy grinned, taking the cookie off the counter.

"you heard her. she doesn't like watching innocent people die", pomfrey retorted.

malfoy just scowled. "well at least she thinks I'm innocent", he muttered, taking a bite of the cookie.

surprised, he took another bite. one after another.

"what type of cookie is that?", pomfrey asked, watching the boy's corners slowly go upwards.

"cinnamon apple", malfoy quietly mumbled.

—✼—

"say, what are you gonna be for halloween this year?", evelyn asked ginny.

"mm...maybe a quidditch player?", ginny meekly answered.

evelyn raised a brow. suddenly, a lightbulb went off.

"AHA! you're gonna be a quidditch player because harr—". evelyn's mouth was quickly covered as ginny started to blush even more than she was.

"s-stop!! not so loud!", ginny squeaked, making evelyn laugh.

"okay okay! I'm sorry", evelyn joked.

"anyways, what are you going to be?", ginny asked, looking into the mirror as the blonde girl was standing behind her and braiding her hair.

"mm, what do you think I should be?", evelyn questioned.

"I mean...you'd honestly look good in anything! you could be fairy, or maybe even a goddess...", ginny mumbled.

"you flatter me ginny! look in the mirror! you're quite the beauty yourself", evelyn smiled, putting her face right next to ginny's and gazing at their reflection.

"say, evelyn...do you ever think that harry would like me back?", ginny asked.

"well of course! and if he doesn't, he'd be blind. I mean, the boy already wears glasses", evelyn joked.

ginny felt her face turn bright red. she avoided evelyn's gaze as she looked down at her hands, that were clenching her robe.

"are you okay ginny?", evelyn asked.

evelyn's soft tone made ginny feel welcome. she was someone that ginny felt that she could trust. but then again, little ginny felt that she could almost trust anyone and everyone.

"of course evelyn, I'm very much so fine", ginny smiled.

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘