XVIII

Jun 20 2013

Achilles took great pride in Shield's floundering search for his siblings. It was possibly feeding Loki's ego.

"They've just been spotted in Berlin." Clint said.

"Weren't they just in Chile?" Tony asked.

"That was yesterday." Natasha said.

"And they were in Japan the day before that." Steve said, "They can't have enough money for international flights every day."

Achilles had a shit-eating grin, and Loki looked smug.

"What's that face for?" Clint asked.

"They can go anywhere they want." Achilles said.

"Private jet or something?" Tony asked.

"Or something." Achilles said.

Steve sniffed the air. Then he glanced at Achilles. "You smell like smoke."

Achilles shrugged, and looked away.

~~~

Jun 24 2013

Tony ran speeding past Achilles and Loki.

"What's going on?" Achilles called out.

"A break-in!" Tony shouted.

Achilles and Loki were on their feet and trailing behind Tony in an instant.

"How?" Achilles asked. "Isn't this place supposed to be like, un-break-in-able?"

"I don't know!" Tony said. "Stop asking I don't have breath for answers."

They took the elevator to a different floor. Steve and Thor approached from the other side of the hall, and Tony opened the door to a specific room. Inside Clint and Natasha were glaring down a teen boy with a halo of poofy curls.

"That's it?" Tony asked. "I was expecting something more than a teen."

"I turned twenty last month."

"Who else is with you?" Natasha asked.

"Nobody that's still around." The boy said.

"How did you get in here?" Clint asked.

"My name's Diego, and I just came here for some help." He said.

"Not the exact answer I was looking for." Clint said. "But that's what I was gonna ask next."

"I figured."

"What help?" Natasha asked. 

"If you could let me explain, it might take a couple minutes."

"Start talking." Tony said.

"So, I'm from a... Family." The way he said it implied a crime syndicate. "Well, some years ago some of us kids tried to get out of the biz. There was a big fight, but we lost. Some changes were made to help prevent any more rebellions. But the same people are in charge."

"So what are you asking?" Steve asked.

"I wasn't finished yet." Diego said. "There was one kid who was on the bosses' side in the fight. He was... Really influential. Big power figure. Almost three years ago, he died. But us kids, we think the bosses faked it. His grave is empty."

The Avengers seemed intrigued, and wary.

"We think that if we can find him, we'll be able to win. They threw him out for some reason, so he probably hates the bosses as much as the rest of us now." Diego said. "But we don't have the resources to find him. You do."