V

Achilles woke up to one of the Harry Potter movies playing in the background. With a yawn, he stretched and tried to get out of bed. However, he wasn't as graceful as he had hoped to be, and fell off with an audible thud.

The movie paused, and through tired eyes, Achilles saw Loki look at him inquiringly.

"I take it the bed didn't suit your fancy?" Loki asked.

"Bed was fine. The floor just really wanted to see me." Achilles replied.

"Ah. Well, if that is the case, breakfast may want to see you as well." Loki said.

"Breakfast wanna see you too?" Achilles asked, getting to his feet.

"I suppose." Loki said.

"Alright. Let me change and then I'll head out." Achilles said.

As he stood, Achilles' torso came into Loki's view unobstructed since the agent of Shield was only wearing pajama pants. Warrior's scars marked his skin like collected spoils of war from a warmonger. 

Achilles sensed Loki's gaze. "Do they bother you?"

"No." Loki said. "Do they bother you?"

"Nah. Not really. It's hard when other people make a big deal of it." Achilles said as he picked out his clothes for the day. "Personally, I kind of like them. Each one is like proof that I lived. Any one of these could have killed me."

Just as Loki was about to comment, Achilles amended himself. "Except for this one," He hitched up one of his pant legs to point at a scar on his shin. "I tripped."

"The most dangerous enemy is clumsiness." Loki said, holding back a smile.

"Oh, ain't that the truth." Achilles agreed.

"I'll see you at breakfast." Loki dismissed himself.

"Oh, Loki?" Achilles called out before Loki left the room.

"Yes?"

"Thanks."

~~~

"So, apparently we're doing group training today." Tony said.

"So that's why you're up at a normal hour." Achilles said.

"Hey, shut it you." Tony said. "Mr. Secrets-is-my-middle-name."

"I don't have a middle name." Achilles said. "And if I did, it wouldn't be secrets."

"What's the training going to involve?" Clint asked.

"Fury is overseeing it." Natasha said.

"Are we all going?" Achilles asked.

"Yeah." Steve said.

"Then what are we doing with Loki? Is he coming with us or something?" Achilles asked.

"Yes. He'll be coming with." Natasha said.

"Where am I going?" Loki asked, having just entered the room.

"Training with us. Watching us train. Something like that." Achilles said.

Loki nodded. Then Thor arrived on the common floor, if the heavy footfalls were anything to go by.

"I'm surprised he hasn't made a hole in the floor yet." Loki commented.

"Knock on wood." Achilles said, and rapped his knuckles against the closest wood- a cutting board. Clint and Tony did the same.

~~~

"First round you'll be sparring against each other in teams." Fury said. "Blue team is Achilles, Stark, and Rogers. Red team is Thor, Barton, and Romanoff."