Chapter Nine: A Christmas Dream

*UNEDITED*

+ + +

I awoke the next morning and remembered the date George and I had with Emerson and Ian. Excitement welled up inside of me, not only for the date but to see Emerson again and hang out with her and Ian. I slipped out of bed and went on my way downstairs. I was confused by the sudden smell of...food? I checked my phone and it said 8 am. After heading down the stairs, I peered around the corner to see George...making breakfast! He had out biscuits and jam and coffee as well as sausage. I had no idea how he got up early enough to make it all and have it turn out so well (or at least that's how it looked at the time).

"George?" I asked in almost a hushed tone because my voice was still waking up.

"Morning love," he turned to me and then finished up what he was doing so he could come over to me. But I decided I would just go and see what he was up to. I came up behind him and wrapped my arms around him. I was quite short compared to him but I didn't mind much.

"How'd you get up so early?"

"It's easy. I had a good motive... I wanted to make you a decent breakfast since you are always making the food. It's rude of me to make you cook all that food," he replied.

"George, you're never making me. I just like baking... Plus you appreciate my food unlike most," I said.

"Well your still always the one behind the meals. I wanted to get up early for you," he told me sweetly.

I smiled at his comment then got on my tiptoes and kissed him quickly on the lips. "And that's for how incredibly sweet you are," I told him. He smiled back at me cutely and then I helped him set up our meal.

The food was actually amazing! I really loved it! Especially for barely cooking ever. I probably didn't look too attractive eating since it was so good I kept eating a little too quickly and sloppily.

"George this is really really good!"

"Thanks..." he let out a little cute laugh. He seemed to really laugh a lot when he was happy. I found it completely adorable! "I remembered that you like biscuits so I figured if I could manage making it I could please you," he added.

"Manage? George its delicious!" He blushed a bit and smiled at my comment.

"Oh I have news actually!" he told me.

"Really, what?"

"I know for sure you can come down for Christmas and everyone's really excited to meet you," he answered.

"Wait...but... George they could....they might not like me!" I suddenly felt worried.

"Autumn there's no way they could not like you! Your so amazing! I promise you!" he reassured me.

"Okay..." I was still a little uncertain.

"So did you her back from Emerson about what we're doing for sure?" he changed the subject.

"Oh yes actually! She said Ian found out there's a Christmas themed fair that his friends and him went to last year and it's open now. They were hoping we could go there," I replied.

"Sounds brilliant," he smiled seeming to be just as excited as me.

***

I looked through my closet, making sure I had something to wear. An expression of delight found its way on my face when I found a black sweater-dress. It was long sleeved and went to right above my knees. I was able to work with the dress well because it was cozy and warm as well as cute and appropriate for the time. It was larger on the shoulders so it hung off my shoulders a bit. I wore my velvety, black leggings and red boots as well. A long golden chain hung from my neck with a red key and shimmering snowflakes. My earrings were shimmering snowflakes that matched my necklace. As I curled my hair I heard a knock on the door.