Chapter Twenty-Three: Judges' Houses

Warning, this will not be a long chapter... Remember that I'm on break and this is kind of a treat for 9,000 reads and 50 fans :)

George's P.O.V.

I'm not ready...

I sat in the car, nervously shaking. The other boys were completely oblivious of my current state. I was freaking out even more on the inside though. What if we weren't ready? What if I messed up my guitar part? What if we didn't make it through and I had to break the news to Autumn again? Thoughts and doubts and worries wouldn't stop nagging at me for the rest of the drive. We finally arrived at the house and we were confused as to who our mentor would be. We waited outside the car until we found the one and only Louis come out! I was beyond excited to have him as our possible mentor! He would be awesome! We waited with the other bands before going inside. I got to meet the guys Josh, Jaymi, and JJ went up against and I also got to meet MK1 (who I thought was amazing!). I wasn't sure if we'd make it through with our competition. They'd lost to GMD3 when I wasn't in the band so hopefully with all four of us, this time we'll make it. Louis led us inside and I was immediately in awe of his house. It went past the definition of huge! I was mesmerized by the big picture of where we were and why we were there. It was unbelievable.

* * *

We practiced nonstop the next day. The nerves kept building throughout the day but it was nothing like before the performance. I was probably worried the most out of us (mostly because of my promise to Autumn).

"Guys... Remember that this is it... This is our chance," Josh gave us a pep talk.

"George...?" JJ caught my attention.

"Hm?"

"You okay? You're just kind of staring off into space..." he retorted.

"Oh ya... Um just a little nervous is all," I replied, realizing it wasn't only nerves but my thoughts on Autumn causing my facial expression.

"It's okay, we all are," Jaymi patted my back reassuringly. Not like me. I couldn't help but think that they most likely didn't have the same nerves building up as me. I clutched my guitar as we awaited our turn. Hearing MK1 made me pretty worried. They were really good. No, amazing. And GMD3 had amazing harmonies and sounded perfect. It was finally our turn and I was just about ready to slip away into the bathroom and puke. We made our way outside and saw Louis along with Sharon Osborn. We took our places in front of the mics and I clutched my guitar close to my chest to ease the nerves. After introductions, I knew my cue to start playing was coming up soon. I began to strum as Josh sang the first verse of Call Me Maybe. I wasn't a huge fan of the song, but I had to admit we had a pretty cool version. I thought the other guys sounded great. Hopefully I could match up to their talent.

"I threw a wish in the well,

Don't ask me, I'll never tell

I looked to you as it fell,

And now you're in my way," Josh kicked off the song. It was my turn to sing and I hoped I wouldn't mess it all up for them.

"I'd trade my soul for a wish,

Pennies and dimes for a kiss

I wasn't looking for this,

But now you're in my way," I thought about Autumn for a bit. Sure our relationship didn't match the whole song but that lyric really reminded me of her.

"Your stare was holdin',

Ripped jeans, skin was showin'

Hot night, wind was blowin'