Chapter 23 (The Dungeon)

Start from the beginning

With a moment of pause, Isabella then opened the box to raise her eyebrows in confusion. She set the box down the floor and picked up a long fabric that was till her knees.

"a dress?" Isabella asked.

William gave a small grin, "Yes."

"For whom?"

William gave a small laugh, "It's for you."

"Me?" Isabella gave a questioned look.

"Yes." William nodded.

"But I never asked for it."

"You never did." William gave a soft smile, "I'm giving it to you. Take it as a thank you for saving my life from the poison that I swallowed. Along with curing the scar I had."

Isabella shook her head, "There was simply no need for this. You safety is our first priority as members of Golden Dawn."

William smiled kneeling to her height, "You are too modest and selfless." He placed a comforting hand on her head, "You never take credits or anything for grand." He then placed a small kiss on her forehead; making her extra confused as an incredulous look was now present, "Please accept this gift." He then noticed the weird look on Isabella's face, "What is it?"

"Do you do that to all of your members?"

"What?" William asked in confusion.

"What you did to me on my forehead..."

"Eh?" William was dumbfounded by what Isabella just mentioned. He laughed nervously, "No, no! Of course not!" He then composed smiling to her, "You are just too precious and nice. I would hate to see you get hurt. That's why I did that. It's also a way of showing your love for others."

"Do you do that to your friends?"

William soon learned that she had never felt the emotion of love before. He gave a sweet smile, "You mostly do it to a family." He then gave a sad smile, "I, however... don't have a family."

"That's not true!"

William looks up at her in slight surprise.

Isabella smiled, "You have the golden dawn. We are your family."

William was completely bewildered by what he just heard. Now that he thinks about it. She's right, Golden Dawn is indeed his family. William felt a weight being lifted from his heart as he felt tears formed on his eyes. His eyes began to feel heavy by the tears that he quickly shook his head.

He smiled holding the tears back, "You are right. The Golden Dawn is my family. You are a part of it."

Isabella smiles back, "You and a certain friend of mine are the first for me to trust on one another." William looks at her in confusion, but he figure who the other she was talking about, "Your color and his color, it's the same. Are you two siblings?"

William was surprised at what she predicts. He could even feel Patri's surprised whining from inside of his head.

William nonetheless smiled, "No I don't think I have a brother or any siblings." Isabella nodded. William then took a pair of white pumps out of the box, "Here, a new pair of shoes. No rejection accepted."

Isabella just nodded with a smile, taking the shoes, "Very well."

Isabella just smiled at the memory. Her squad captain really cared for her. She indeed felt like she was at home. The squad Captain was her family.

"Isabella!"

The blind girl turned to notice Mimosa rushing towards her.

"What is it Mimosa?" the blind girl asked as the royal Princess stopped near her, panting.

"The capain is calling you along with our group." Isabella raised an eyebrow, "He says that there is a mission for us."

Klaus stood at the main hall with the captain of the Golden Dawn above the stair well as usual. His purple eyes shined with mystery and elegance.

"A dungeon?" Klaus asked, "But why us? And the Wizard King asked for Yuno and Isabella's presence?"

"Indeed." William spoke with his signature smile, "The Wizard King appreciated the work that Isabella and Yuno did for the clover kingdom and the Wizard King would like to test them for their skills in getting through to the dungeon."

"I see, but surely, is it alright for Isabella to go?" Klaus asked in concern as he stares down the ground, "She is blind and helpless when time may come-"

"When has she ever been helpless?" William asked.

"I didn't mean to say that way." Klaus immediately corrected, "It's just... she remains quiet at times and less interactive, to be fair..." he glance at the Captain Vangeance, "I am worried about Isabella."

William softly smiled, "You must not worry, Klaus." Klaus gasp at that, "Isabella is far stronger than she looks. Do not judge her by her blindness. This blindness of hers is her greatest strength. I too pray... that our young member gets her eyes back."

Klaus looks at the ground. A sweat drips down his face.

"Any other question?" William asked.

"None sir." Klaus exclaimed.

"Very well then." William began climbing down the stairs, "Klaus try not use strong words around Isabella. She's too innocent and almost a bit childish. Although she will never show it." Klaus just nodded, "Dismissed."

*************

The group was now in the dungeon walking in an area that was full of traps. The dungeon are said to be tombs where people store their valuables and powerful ancient magic techniques. It is also said that people back then had used many magic trap spells in the dungeon to avoid the unknown from stealing it or misusing it.

They were soon on Klaus' steel made cart, with Mimosa's plant magic in locating the treasure. Everything seems to go alright for now. Isabella on the other hand just watched ahead, her facial expression unreadable. She can feel some presence around the dungeon. Four of them were good while the other five to six presence were not.

"Everyone!" Isabella warningly called out, "I can sense someone over here. We're not alone."

"Apparently we will have the Black bulls too to investigate the dungeon." Klaus spoke.

"They already are here." Isabella looks around, "However, there are some other-"

All of a sudden, Yuno flew of to another direction.

"Yuno!" Klaus called out, "Damn it!" Then he remembered what William told him, Shit! I can't use strong word around her.

Isabella then used her light magic, flying away from the cart and the two nobles.

"Isabella, not you too!" Klaus screamed.

Yuno reached an opening of the dungeon and saw a huge man eating plant almost devouring two people. Yuno used an attack of wind and sword magic. Multiple wind swords were launched on the plant killing the plant in an instant and freeing the two unknown people.

Isabella, Klaus and Mimosa reached Yuno who was done saving the two people. Isabella noticed the color and pattern of the people. She gave a small grin.

"And with that..." Yuno smirked, "My debt has been paid, Asta!"

"Hey Yuno!" Asta gave a challenging smile.