"Call me Tae, pretty one"

Start from the beginning

"Then spill, bloodbrain," you leaned forward, resting your elbows on your knees and grinned at him.

Taehyung gave you one last, careful look before he seemed to come to a conclusion in his mind and straightened out himself, mimicking your pose after a moment. "I miss them, pretty one."

His tone had turned somber, quiet, at he looked deep into your eyes, as if steeling himself so he wouldn't look away, wouldn't leave anything out. You melted under his intense, fiery gaze, the look in his irises making you feel like you were burning up inside.

But you listened, because it was the least you could do.

"There were seven of us," Taehyung admitted, turning so he could face you fully, "seven demigods from the most powerful of the gods themselves- from the twelve Olympians. We are old, powerful, hardly mortal at all. My mother was a wood sprite, actually, an Amazon."

That's actually... kind of cool.

"And that's why you're immortal?" you asked, to which Taehyung nodded and continued.

"All of us were. We were powerful, well-known, feared in some places and adored in others. Some gods favored us, others worked to make our every step poison,"

Well damn. It that was a reality TV show, I'd watch the hell out of it.

Wait, wait, no, you were supposed to be sympathetic right now.

Taehyung glanced at you for a moment before continuing. "After we met each other... it was the seven of us against the world. No one could truly understand us besides each other, and we were woven so tightly that without them, it feels like a part of me is missing."

Your lips twisted in sympathy, eyes softening at the forlorn expression that peeked through the cracks in Taehyung's self-confident mask.

You weren't going to say 'it's okay', because it really wasn't, and how were those words going to change what Taehyung felt anyway? They felt meaningless, like bits of dust tossed in his direction only to be whisked out into the wind.

Instead, you reached out and rubbed his shoulder, hoping your fingers would at least convey some comfort. "Who were you closest to?"

Taehyung let out a long exhale as he narrowed his eyes in thought, leaning into your soothing touch on his shoulder instinctively. "Chim," he answered, his eyes suddenly turning somber and a little bit sad as he looked up at you, "I was closest to Jimin. We were about the same age, and we met each other first. We got into trouble together, we were praised together, we did most everything together. We balanced each other out- he is- uh, was- a son of Dionysus, god of wine and pleasure and all that, meaning he was really loose and fun and kind and charming, if not a little..."

"Crazy?" you offered, making Taehyung bark out a laugh.

"Something like that," he assured, "but he rubbed off on me."

"I can see that," you said dryly. Taehyung met your smile.

"The other one I was closest with was Kook- Jungkook," he rubbed the back of his neck, seeming to fall into his memories as a debauched grin spread over his face, his dark eyes turned distant.

"Oh, the 'golden boy' you were telling me about?" you cocked your head, the conversation you'd had with Taehyung  few nights ago popping up in your mind. Taehyung's grin turned wider, and he rolled his head to look at you.

"Yes, him. We call him the golden maknae because he's the youngest out of all of us and yet he's good at everything he does. It's kind of annoying, actually," Taehyung rolled his eyes fondly at the thought. "He's a son of Zeus, though, so I guess that explains it."