CHAPTER 35.

Chapter 35: The Walk, The Sea and Something Else. 

*

"Love is lak de sea. 

It's uh movin' thing, 

but still and all, 

it takes its shape from de shore it meets, 

and it's different with every shore."

-Zora Neale Hurston (Their Eyes Were Watching God)-

*

"Defend your territory, Jesus Keith!"

"Jail!"

"I said DEFEND, KEITH!"

"Jesus Yusra! You are so competitive!"

"Run Than or you'll be captured."

"CAN SOMEONE GET ME OUT, I AM-"

"SHUT UP, PRITHVI. IT'S YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT!"

"Language Boys!"

-

"My legs hurt," Yusra groaned as she propped up her legs on the beach chair. Rabail and Iravat laughed from beside her.

"I told you not to run so much," Islah replied, giving her a glass of juice before taking a seat at the edge of her beach chair. Yusra immediately folded her legs and sighed, staring at the melon colored liquid in her hands. They had just played Scavenger Hunt by the woods behind the Resort and she was one of the attackers. She had a nice time, but the aftermath was frustrating. She had leg pains and tiredness was creeping in. None the less, she had fun.

"Its watermelon," Islah added when he saw her look of distress. He recently found out Yusra did not like pineapple juice, or grape or apple juice. She was very picky when it came to fruit punches. Yusra took the glass and sipped it with hesitation. To her luck, Islah had gotten her watermelon really, the kind she liked. She threw him a grin of appreciation.

Islah laughed at her before turning to join the conversation of Iravat and Rabail. While he talked, Yusra took her time to admire his form. She really liked how he was leanly built with wide shoulders. The white t-shirt of his hugged his back almost too perfectly as it moved with his muscles. It was not too tight nor too lose, just right. I really need to get out of my head, seriously. Analyzing his back IS a big indication of that.

The sun was near to the horizon, kissing the waters just before it dipped. Yusra smiled in content with the last bits of light reigning upon her.

"I need a walk," she muttered, kicking her legs off the chair and placing them on the ground. She wore her flip-flops and stood up, making three heads turn to her.

"I am going for a walk," she informed them and Islah immediately stood up.

"I'll join." Iravat and Rabail shared a sly look before shaking their heads, no. Yusra eyed them with suspicion while Islah shrugged.

"Lets go," he gestured for her to take the lead.

Yusra walked ahead of him, taking careful steps and trying to keep her heart calm. It was a hard thing to do, keep her heart calm. Not with Islah in such close proximity.

Silence enveloped them as they walked. Wind danced to their own tune, the waves to their own.

"Do you surf?" Yusra found herself asking. Islah smiled slightly.