CHAPTER 27.

Chapter 27: Reza-Ibrahim's Don't Really Care. 

*

"Sometimes, It takes a meltdown to cool down."

-Evinda Lepins-

*

Yusra was excited. Last Friday, when she got home from work and the little get-together, her parents told her amazing news. There was a family that they liked for Maha and they were coming over for dinner on the following week Saturday. Yusra was confused because the weekend is right here! But according to them, their son is out of country and will be back on Sunday so the next weekend would do.

Even though there was a week to prepare, her mother and Maheen Ammati (aunt) didn't think it enough. So they began preparing since Sunday.

Yusra was also excited to be part of the screening and testing department this week and the following. But come Monday afternoon, she was convinced this place just might be hazardous to her. The boys working here get a little too competitive when it comes to breaking codes and cheating. Also, they got off work at 5pm rather than six like the rest. The boys were fun to work with though, Yusra had mused. 

But even though work and family occupied her time, she still had a certain blue-gray eyed CEO in her mind every day. Not a night missed that she hadn't set by the windows (pretending to be in an old romantic movie) and pining her heart out for him (She's been watching a little too much dramatic Korean TV shows lately). One question did haunt her nights though: Why didn't he tell her before leaving? Was she not important to him? And as always, one part of her mind gave her a positive answer while the other was ever so cynical.

Since she was out early, Nasreen asked her to come by the booth and help out a little. That was when she met Lila and through a series of events, Lila and Iravat along with Rabail ended up having dinner at their place. And since Yusra was in the mood for Shawarma (and she always made mistakes when making it), Lila volunteered to help her out.

"Is something wrong?" Yusra asked Lila once she hung up her phone. She didn't know who Lila was talking to but the look on her face said she was worried. Lila sighed and smiled at her.

"Islah is in India," she informed Yusra and her heart immediately began hammering. India? Why's he the- ohh. The convention! Lila let out a small chuckle at her. "He has heat rashes and sometimes, it goes worse if he's not careful." Awwwww my poor baby. He has heat rashes- wait. Heat rashes? Those are a thing? When Yusra did not reply, Lila turned to her. She saw a blushing girl, hiding her blazing cheeks away behind the dark tendrils that fell onto her face.

"We were supposed to invite you all for dinner last weekend," Lila informed her and she pushed back her hair with sparkling eyes. Dinner with them? So why- Oh. Islah wasn't home. Yusra looked at Lila with a small smile playing on her lips. Islah resembles her a little less compared to his father. Though he has the same smile.

"Can I ask you something, Professor Bashar?" Yusra asked and Lila hummed in reply, placing the chicken slices into the Ziploc. "How'd you know Ahmad uncle was the one?" That was when Lila halted and Yusra immediately retreated, holding up her hands in surrender.

"You don't have to answer-" Lila laughed at her reaction. She patter Yusra's head and Yusra blushed even more.

"It's not that I don't want to answer, I don't know what to answer. I knew him from when I was a kid and our families were close. Her mom and my mother were best friends and so were our fathers," she replied and Yusra grinned, leaning onto the counter.