Chapter 2 - The Fated Sight

The next day , was a very special day for someone . Lee Taeyong . It was his birthday. He wasn't known by many people , he had one reliable friend , Kim Doyoung. His parents weren't there in the world. He had been raised in an orphanage. He considers himself the most unlucky person when it comes to having parents . He knew his parents , they passed away when he was 4. They went on a plane , where he was supposed to go too , but he stayed back as he was sick , and that plane didn't make it back. He till this day cries on their death anniversary which happened to be on his birthday. He didn't like the day at all. In fact it wasn't a day to celebrate , it was a day to cry. Doyoung was the only one who knew about this. He knew that Taeyong wouldn't come to college today.

Seulgi was walking down the hall of the college , students surrounding her. She was perfectly camouflaged with the crowd . He was on her way to check the bulletin board. It was the day before results are out. She was anxious already. She wouldn't be treated well by her mother if she didn't rank first. Joohyun walks next to her.

"Calm down you'll be fine , we all know you are an expert at studies , so keep it cool"

Her words made Seulgi feel some sort of comfort .
She hummed as an indication that she is fine. At least she thought she was.

She walked down the hall once more , this time catching everyone's eye. She was the ice queen of the school after all . She looked so intimidating that no one dared to approach her . She had made that kind of reputation for herself.

School went by as it usually does , Doyoung rushed to visit Taeyong after school. He needed him for comforting . The day wasn't easy for Taeyong. He cried all day till he fell asleep . His state being like this made Doyoung's heart ache. Taeyong was usually a very upbeat and cheerful person . It wasn't like him to be crying . Doyoung was Taeyong's friend since they were toddlers . His parents were in fact Taeyong's parents's friends . His parents were like Taeyong's closest parent figures , making Doyoung like a brother to him. Even though he was younger , seeing such a close friend in a bad state made him want to never see him sad again .

The next day , all four of them came to school. Today was the day the results would be out. Taeyong was confident it would be him who steals the first rank. Seulgi on the other hand was shivering with nervousness , completely unlike her usual behavior. She would speak at the minimum but now that she was nervous , she was rambling to Joohyun about her state. The paper was put on the board . It was out. All of the students crowded around the board. Seulgi went towards it with her eyes half closed . She didn't want to face what was in front of her . She opened her eyes slowly to face her disappointment. Kang Seulgi . Her name was across the number 2. Her heart dropped . Taeyong had come first. He was happy , he smiled and jumped with Doyoung for celebration. He didn't know what Seulgi was going through. Joohyun insisted to not let her go home today, she knew what would happen. Seulgi declined , she knew she would have to face her mother at some point of time , she couldn't avoid her forever. Better to be done with it as soon as possible.

She dragged herself home , afraid of what was going to happen to her. She didn't want it to happen but she had no choice . Her mansion was in the middle of a busy area . Taeyong and Doyoung were in the same area , they had come out to celebrate for Taeyong's position . Seulgi opened the door as slowly as she could , she faced her mother who was standing with her back facing the door.

"Come in Seulgi" she said.