evelyn suddenly started writing and taking notes, making malfoy bored. he watched as the quill made perfect lines of writing, although it wasn't really the quill itself, more so the writer.

"now that I have all the notes down, we can meet in professor snape's room after school and start on the making of it", evelyn smiled as she watched malfoy's silver eyes looking at her bored.

"will there be cookies?", malfoy suddenly asked, almost making evelyn chuckle.

she tilted her head to the side, making malfoy furrow his brows.

"what?! I was just asking!", malfoy harshly said as he got ready to leave.

"I'll bring almond ones", evelyn lightly laughed as she watched the boy hurry out the classroom.

—✼—

"make sure you clean up the mess once you're done", snape instructed as he left to go attend a teacher meeting with the rest of the professors and dumbledore himself.

evelyn brought out all the ingredients while malfoy just sat and watched. he didn't like getting his hands dirty, and he certainly would choose not to if there was someone who was willing to do all the work.

"here are the almond cookies", evelyn smiled as she handed a clear bag, filled with sweets, to malfoy.

"must they have almond in it? what are you? a grandma?", malfoy sneered. although he still proceeded to tear open the bag and munch on them.

evelyn lightly laughed. "perhaps. but almonds are healthy, don't you think?"

malfoy didn't reply and just continued chewing. he watched as evelyn added 2 drops of lethe river water to the cauldron, letting it heat for 20 seconds.

evelyn felt the annoyance of malfoy's staring. she tried to focus, but it was hard as the boy didn't even say anything or help.

"may I help you malfoy?", evelyn finally asked, ruining the serene silence.

"where are your parents?", malfoy randomly questioned.

evelyn continued working as if it wasn't a big deal. "dead", she simply answered.

malfoy scoffed. "so like potter".

indeed, evelyn didn't have parents like harry, but it was quite different for her, as her parents did not die because of voldemort. and neither did she live through a traumatic experience such as that.

"I suppose you could say that".

"then where do you live?"

"trying to stalk me malfoy?", evelyn teased, a small smile forming on her lips.

"you wish!", malfoy scowled.

after adding 2 valerian springs to the cauldron and stirring clockwise 3 times, evelyn finally answered.

"the orphanage, with the muggles", she said.

"living with muggles and having them raise you? quite pathetic don't you think?", malfoy grinned.

"I don't think so. I like living with them. because unlike some, they have greater compassion than certain wizards", evelyn said, glancing over at malfoy.