44 Temper

After my shower I just lost myself in my reflection. We hadn't really talked about marking, it was taken off of the table before it was even a topic. He had flat out refused to talk about it after Mack dropped the bombshell that it has killed most human mates.

I was surprised to see it was healed over already. Perfect silver pink scars where every tooth had sunk in. It was everything Jude said it would be and then some.

The pain was minimal, while the panic that had gripped me when I realized what happened was all consuming. But everything was washed away by the intense pleasure that took over. The memory alone had me shivering in delight.

Ethan caught me first when I made my way downstairs, wrapping his arms around my waist. He just stayed there head on my chest without a word.

"You ok?" I finally asked. He nodded, still hanging on. "I'm good," I say sweeping his hair back. "I could really go for some breakfast though, you hungry?"

He smiled at that, gold eyes glistening. The kid is growing like a weed, at this rate by Christmas he will be taller than me. We went to the kitchen and everyone was waiting, just watching.

"Ok, all of that, stop it, please. I'm feeling like a science fair project when you look at me like that," I complain. Sara just started to laugh.

"Yup she's good," she affirmed. 

"Really I'm fine, just a bit wore out?" I didn't know how to explain it, I felt spent but not tired.

"I can make you some breakfast then you could lay down?" Claire offered.

"Thanks, I am hungry but not tired," I replied with a shrug. Turned out I was quite ravenous and ate almost twice my normal breakfast.

True to my word I spent the rest of the morning with Ethan watching Infinity Wars and End Game. After several hours of Marvel watching I just couldn't sit still anymore. I was feeling increasingly anxious and restless. 

'Wonder what Chris is up to?' 'Meetings like all the time.' 'He has to eat eventually though? Should go have lunch with him...'

That's not a bad idea at all, maybe I will just send him a text to see if he's eaten yet or not.

Me: hey?

Chris: Are you ok?!

Me: yeah 😑 

Me: was just checking in to see if you had lunch yet or not?

Chris: we're breaking soon, hungry? I'll order you something? We're in conference room B.

Me: on my way!

Chris: See you soon baby. 

Chris was apparently good motivation as I ended up there in record time. Jude dropped me off at the conference room and took off to the dining room to catch up with Chloe and Claire. 

As I was let in my happiness quickly soured. There was a woman flirting with Chris, and it took all my restraint to not react.

'This bitch is needing a lesson.' 'Not helping... but yeah.'

I stood there frowning as he politely ignored her advances, turning his attention to Kane or anyone else. She however, was persistent  and stepped it up laying a hand on his arm and laughing that stupid fake laugh women do to draw attention.

My eyes were locked on her hand on his arm and my temper was just feeding gasoline to my fire. I could feel my blood pressure rising as I got angrier. 

'That's it, do something or I will.' 'Can it.'

Fortunately Chris brushed her off as I started to make my way over, defeated she sank down to the seat next to him. She glared at me when I walked up, I couldn't help but raise a brow at her.