29 Guardian Glass

'He doesn't recognize you!? How is that possible?' 'Sadie must have strong mojo?'

There are four other alphas there too, Kane, and presumably the other three principals seated with Chris off to the left. The eight Councilors were to the right. 

"Elder Guardian, thank you for meeting with us on such short notice," the Councilman in the center greets.

"Councilmembers, Alpha's " Garrick greets stiffly.

"As you know we have a long and colourful history, and we are here to address a few key points-"

"Silas, get to the point," Garrick growled. "This is a secret meeting between Guardians and Council as witnessed by the principal five for validity, or am I mistaken?"

The shift in energy was nauseating. For their part the five alphas were neutral, but the Council and Guardians were having a cock off and my head was paying the price.

"Very well. The heir, it's been eight years and still you have not brought one forth," Silas accused.

"The heir will be produced when it is old enough, and when the time is right, not a moment sooner," Garrick grits out.

"You expect us to live this endless charade?" A beautiful blond Councilwoman asks. She's tall and thin, maybe 50s but aged very well with blue eyes.

"Sylvia, with all due respect-"

"You have shared no information, we don't even know if we are preparing for a king or queen? What branch of the lineage, anything? We are supposed to just take your word that there is an heir," she snaps.

"The Guardians are linked to the blood, if there was no heir, the Guardians would cease, you know this. What are you really getting at?" Garrick asks suspiciously.

"There is growing concern that there is no heir. The community is growing restless and impatient, the Council has been approached to assume-"

"Proceed carefully," Garrick growled.

"No one wants another Civil war, Garrick," Silas conceded. "If we continue to put them off without producing the heir, then we may end up with one anyways."

I was really regretting agreeing to this. My head felt like it was going to split in half, the topic was over my pay grade and I had no idea what I was supposed to be looking for.

"The heir exists, we are not working on their schedule," he retorts, defiant.

"Be that as it may, we thought it prudent to bring it to your attention," the youngest Councilman offered. 

"The Council has been after the power since day one-"

"We abide by the people's will as the Guardians do," Silas interjected as Garrick scoffed.

I felt unsteady on my feet as Damon stepped in. I've never had to deal with this level of energy before and god I hope not to again. I felt his hand on my wrist as he let the familiar warmth loose.

It only helped a smidge but it scrambled everything so I pulled free. By now they were talking generalities, so I tuned out their words. The cock off had largely subsided so the energy was more static but still overwhelming.

I worked on pushing layers away. Guardians first then Garrick. Chris was easy to separate and Kane I could pick out from our brief encounter. I was only able to pick out one more, the Councilwoman from before.

All that digging and separating has left my head pounding and vision blurry. I'm sure I've triggered a full out migraine as the nausea and dizziness are now swamping me in waves.