Answers

"How did you escape the Underworld?" I asked.

As if it was forced out of Octavian, which it actually is, he answered, "There was a bright green hole that appeared out of nowhere and started sucking a few of us out of the Fields of Punishment before it closed. We found ourselves floating in green space before we met him."

"Him?" I asked.

"The leader of the Ghost Revolution. The person who is going to stand up against Hades and help us take over the Underworld. The person who will free all the spirits as we rule the Overworld..." Octavian said.

I snorted. Ruling the Underworld and the Overworld? This sounds like a kid's delusion. Then again, ghosts have always wanted to defy death, to go back to the land of the living, especially those with lives cut short such as Octavian's.

So this ends up as no surprise. However, the surprising thing comes from the powers that is now obviously going to be used for this so called revolution...

"Where did you get those powers?" I asked.

"From that green space, which we found out was called the Ghost Zone. Apparently when a ghost lingers in that place for very long, the green stuff fuses with us and gave us powers," Octavian explained.

What? Is that even possible? The Ghost Zone... if I remember right, the locals said that it was a parallel universe for ghosts... which Hades and co never had any knowledge of...

"Why did you come to assassinate me and Will?" I asked.

"My orders were only to assassinate you. He knew sooner or later that Hades will send an underling for all the rogue ghosts from the Doors of Death, and he didn't want any nuisances like you to dispatch his subordinates so soon and to interfere with his plans," Octavian said.

"I see," I said, cold and aloof. It wasn't the first time that a rogue ghost or soul that escape Thanatos' grasp defied Hades and tried to rid us, his underlings. It was pretty much a norm.

"How many ghosts are there in this Revolution?" I asked. I might as well know how many ghosts with these abnormal ghosts powers I need to watch out for...

Octavian laughed harshly, "Too many to count, Son of Pluto. Including the Hidden, Hades stands no chance, let alone you!"

"Hidden?" I asked, my brows raised.

This time, Octavian let out a disdainful snort as he said, "Those that escaped Thanatos' grasp from the get go and are permanent residents of the Ghost Zone. They have eluded death and are beyond us other ghosts, where not only their powers manifest fully, they don't even register as ghosts and are free to live here instead of the Underworld as they please..."

He was looking at me with anger in his eyes, as if it was my fault that there were some lost souls able to escape the Underworld and become these super powered ghosts in the Ghost Zone.

Well... I guess people would ask why Hades and his underlings would be a little fickle with death to let such things as Hidden roamed free in the Overworld.

Well, same thing as to why people on the verge of death suddenly come back to life, like an impossible heart attack or coma or car accident and when people are sure that they won't make it, a beep could be heard and surprise surprise they are alive.

Same thing as to why there were so many undead and rumours of zombies, poltergeists and haunted houses. Also the existence of immortality which is truly no fable.

People call it a miracle or supernatural, depending on situation. Hades' underlings called it 'We were just lazy.' Even Thanatos, not because he isn't diligent at his job, but because sometimes even he can slip up. And even if we did, we would just ignore it mostly to avoid extra work or lay easy because of terrible pay and not worth the trouble until Hades himself told us to fix it.