there's a fire in us

wow!!! it didn't take me a whole month to update this time!!! LMFAO here we are (also mild spoilers for Teenage Bounty Hunters.... i guess??? barely. very mild. also that show has no business being that good i said what i said)

vote and comment if you like! i love feedback, thank you <33

-

It's a disgustingly hot late spring day in Los Angeles, the sky is shining bright and cloudless blue, it's too early in the morning to function, and Camila is sitting in her girlfriend's lap, straddling her across her driver's seat, trying not to bump the horn on her steering wheel as she kisses the life out of her.

"Mmf." Regretfully, she pulls back, smoothing the hair out of Hailee's face. "Baby, I'm sorry, I really have to go."

Hailee's hazel eyes are twinkling. "Do you really have to?"

"Fuck off," Before she can say anything else Hailee is kissing her again, and Camila just melts into her. "Hails," she gets out in between kisses, "I'm gonna be late, and Lucy is going to be so mad at me-"

"Please." Hailee scrunches up her nose, and Camila can't stop staring at her mouth. "Lucy loves us together. Just say you were late because you were making out with me in the car. She'll let you off the hook."

Camila shakes with laughter as Hailee buries her face in Camila's neck. "No hickeys," Camila scolds her, but she doesn't have the self-control to move away. "The girls will never let me hear the end of it."

Hailee groans, and then opens the door to her driver's side, her arms still looped around Camila's waist. "Do you need me to drive you home after work?"

"No, but you're sweet. I already have a ride."

"If you say so." Like the real gentleman she is, Hailee helps Camila off her lap and onto the pavement, hands her her dance bag, and smiles softly at her as she steps back. "Have a good time. Text me if you need anything."

"Of course." Camila leans in for one last kiss, and feels her phone beep repeatedly in the waistband of her shorts. No doubt one of the girls berating her for being late. Or all of them, in the group chat. She's only, like, three minutes behind when rehearsal is about to start, but Camila is notoriously never late. Type-A bitch. More often than not she's early.

"Bye!" she calls over her shoulder, and then sprints in her dance heels to the glass double doors of House of Hernandez, throwing them open, immediately greeted by the familiar jasmine scent and the cool air from the running fans. Feels like home. Well, more home than her dorm room, anyway. Whatever.

"Hi, hi," she says breathlessly, her bag bouncing against her hip. "Sorry I'm late, I was-"

"Camz!"

Camila stops short and opens her arms, letting herself be accosted by Lauren flinging her arms around her neck, filling her senses with her vanilla perfume. She giggles, grabbing Lauren by her waist and spinning her a little as she plants kisses on both of Camila's cheeks. "I missed you so much," Lauren bubbles, beaming at her. "I'm so glad we're not fighting at work anymore. Not sitting next to you while getting ready was torture. And you know I couldn't play Outlast 2 by myself, I'm so bad at it and I kept getting too freaked out-"

"I know, I know, you suck so much at video games it's unbelievable. It's okay, you can take me to your apartment and we can finally make progress on it, okay?" Camila just holds her, smiling uncontrollably at the girl in front of her.

She's her best friend. She was so stupid for ignoring her and avoiding her and being pissed at her. Her stupid jealousy was not worth giving Lauren up - nothing is.