"quite amazing actually! I got this new book from harry and there's so many more potions in that one than the old dusty one in the library", evelyn laughed.

"only you'd get excited about getting a book for christmas", hannah chuckled.

"not true!", evelyn pouted. "hermione would too".

hannah just rolled her eyes as she ate her porridge.

—✼—

"hey hagrid! this is evelyn, one of our great friends", hermione introduced.

"well nice t' meet her evelyn!", hagrid greeted with a big smile.

evelyn immediately knew that she would get along with hagrid, as he was like a big loaf of kindness and hugs.

although he was twice as tall as the average man, he was a loyal subject to dumbledore and possessed a heart of gold.

"oh my!! are those raisin scones??", evelyn excitedly asked, looking at the little circular treats that was placed on a plate.

"evelyn, I wouldn't—". harry tried to mumble quietly to evelyn, however the girl had already skipped over to hagrid's table.

evelyn took a bite only to be surprised by how hard it was. compared to a rock, it wasn't that far off from the taste and the texture.

"it's good isn't it?", hagrid asked.

hermione, ron, and harry just watched, waiting for evelyn's reply.

"i-it is! say hagrid, I also like baking too. how about we bake together sometime??", evelyn nicely said.

"oh well, I've bin thinking o' makin' a strawberry cake an' if yeh could help me tomorrow after school, that'd be great!", hagrid said.

"of course!! by the way, I'm sorry for being so nosy. but I was meaning to ask, what's that thing that's hidden under the cloth over there?", evelyn pointed, making ron, harry, and hermione also look. 

"t-t-that's nothin'! wha' are yeh even talkin' abou'? wha' cloth?", hagrid nervously laughed, scratching his bushy black beard.

hermione quickly unshielded the item that was under the cloth and on top of twigs that were weaved together; a nest.

"an egg??"

evelyn took a closer look, making hagrid panic even more.

"it's a dragon egg!!", evelyn exclaimed. "hagrid, not to be that person, but you do know that dragons are illegal to own right?"

"I-I know...I jus...I won it from someone an' I jus couldn't abandon it yeh know?", hagrid mumbled, slightly pouting.

"oh merlin, but you can't keep it here! dragons grow really fast", ron said. ron somewhat knew since his other older brother—charlie weasley—was out chasing dragons in romania.

"doesn't your bother charlie take care of dragons? maybe he can take it", harry suggested.

"you're right! let me try and contact him", ron said.

𝓼𝓾𝓷𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓮 {𝓭. 𝓶𝓪𝓵𝓯𝓸𝔂}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें