The conversation ends as someone who's not Ariel walks up on stage.

It takes three to five minutes for the dance to end. While the girl is beautiful and she moves with fluidity, she's not the one I'm hoping for. This just means that my search for Ariel is still on.

Next to me, the man twirls a drink in his hands which I never saw him even order. He sits back in the chair, calm and authoritative almost. Ice clinks against the glass as he brings the cup to his lips. Icy eyes meet mine, causing me to reel back slightly. His eyebrows are furrowed and I wonder what has made him so angry in a span of three minutes. What has caused this man to be upset while watching an erotic dance?

"Great to meet you," he mutters before standing. I take in his physique. He maybe has a bit more muscle than I do, but nowhere near the guards in this place, or even Chandler Novak.

Without another word, this guy slinks away. I turn my head to the stage for a split second before looking to where he's walking again. Already, he's gone, nowhere in sight and without a trace to follow. Shaking my head, I stand and stretch. It's time for me to find the little mermaid.

This time, a different guy stands outside the door of the secret way. He's just as muscular, just as intimidating, but he doesn't look at me like I don't belong. Instead, he asks for the password to which I reply, "Sugar tits."

Like before, the words make me blush and I hope and pray the pink lights cause the flush to blend. When the door is clear for me, I nod to the watchman and make my way in. It looks just the same as before. Only a woman stands outside with a man. They hold each other lovingly, in a position that makes me feel as if I'm intruding by looking. Taking my eyes from them, I hurry past until I'm outside Ariel's door. With a deep breath to calm my beating heart, I knock.

It's easier this time. I don't know if it's because I'm eager to see her or because I'm slightly past the mark of infatuation. Whatever it is, it's giving me the courage to do things I would have never done before.

The seconds tick by, making me nervous. Music and melodies mix together from other rooms and I'm not sure if there's any coming from hers since it's all pretty loud. My stomach begins to twist as I realize there's a chance she may not be here. I want to force the pessimistic thoughts away, but I can't. They circle my head, repeating over and over that she's not here, and she doesn't want to see me anyway.

Panic rises in me as my chest constricts. I turn on my heel and eye the door, ready to make a fast dash. One step forward and a sound stops me in my tracks. There are people talking behind me, a male and a female. He thanks her for the dance, saying she was great. She tells him it's her job, there's nothing to it. Then the male brushes past me, barely nodding at me, but stopping to smirk at the loved up couple who are still embracing.

"You gonna stand there all night?" Ariel asks me, her voice oozing with humor. I turn to see her standing with her hands on her hips. She bites her bottom lip, tempting me without even knowing it.

"Um—" I clear my throat and shake my head. "How are you?"

Ariel blows from her nose, a laugh without opening her mouth. "I'm good, pretty boy." She grabs my arm and pulls me into her room. It smells fruity, the scent tickling my nose with affection. Unlike the bar with Amy, this is a better smell. "Another slow dance?"

"Okay." I nod, not knowing what else to say. I want to get to know her, but I don't know how. "Yes, please."

She turns without another word and struts to her vanity. Again, her phone rests, connected to something which I assume is the speakers. With a few taps, a slow song plays. Ariel comes back to me and grabs my hands, placing them on her hips before wrapping her arms around my neck.