Chapter 16; Wednesday: Donghyuk

On Tuesday I spent the whole day in the practice room. Tuesday flew by like it was nothing. I started to worry. I walked home slowly trying to calm down. I seemed so stressed lately but I wasn't even that stressed. Ugh. I finally reached the house and went straight to bed.

I woke up in the morning to Jieun unnie screaming at me. "YAH!! MAKNAE-AH! GET UP!! IT'S SNOWING!!!" "Huh? No. Let me sleep. Unnie, I'm really tired." I tried to reason with her but she forced me up and out of bed.

"You need to go out for your jog! You've gained a lot of weight. You need to lose it some how." She said.

"I know. I do but I'm tired. Please leave me alone. Let me be. I want to sleep. And plus it's snowing." I said.

"Maknae!!!! Unnie's not lying. You need to get up. I'm giving you 30 minutes to get ready." Jieun Unnie left and Byul unnie came in.

"Hyesung-ah? It's time for you to get up now. It's already late. It's 10, you're normally up at 7-8. What's wrong? Tell unnie. She'll listen." Byul approached my bed with these words and I couldn't help it but cry.

"Last night I got a call..." I replied.

[ LAST NIGHT MEMORY ]

*ringtone*

Oh, it's appa. He's probably checking up on me. Hehe. Daddy is so sweet. I really miss my family.

*note: this conversation with her family is in English

"Hello? Daddy?"

"My baby girl. How are you?"

"I'm doing good. And how are you and Mom?"

"I-I'm fine. But your mother..."

"What about mommy?"

"She's in the hospital. They said she has an incurable deadly disease. But they aren't sure. They only think so."

I broke into tears. "Are you sure? Can I talk to mom? How'd you guys find out? Is she hurt?" I flooded him with questions.

"Sweetie, calm down. It's not that serious. They're not even sure of it. I'll call you when it's confirmed. I need to go now the doctors are calling me. I love you, honey. Please be safe and don't stress out too much." He hung up before I could even say anything back. But the disease, was it true? I cried and cried. I couldn't stop. What do I do? I grabbed my phone and called Bobby oppa. I needed someone's comfort.

"Oppa? Can you come meet me at the park?"

"Are you crying? Hyesung, what's wrong?"

"I just... I just need someone to talk to."

I hung up and grabbed my jacket. I left my unnies a note saying I'll be back in a bit and left for the park. On the way there I stopped by a coffee shop to grab some coffee for me and Oppa.

I got there and sat on the swings. I started to think of my mom and started to cry. Why did it have to happen to me? I don't want my to lose my mom.

"You alright?"

I turned around and saw...

[ END OF MEMORY ]

I couldn't remember what happened after that. I tried to but I just couldn't.

"Hyesung? Hyesung? HYESUNG?!"

"Huh? I'm sorry unnie. I just... I don't really remember what happened last night."

"Well, you didn't finish your story. You stopped at I got a call. And then you dosed off."

"Oh right. I got a call from my dad. My mom's possibly got an incurable deadly disease. And..." I bursted into tears.