Chapter 11: Teasing

I'm so tired. Sorry for errors. I'll go back and fix them. Enjoy

Chapter 11:Teasing

Nia

            “You’re dating him?” Piper asked. She was hanging up her clothes while I was braiding my hair. I had just washed it and decided to have it extra curly today. “I don’t know. We’re taking it slow. He asked me to give him a chance and I agreed.” I tie the ends of my braid with a rubber band and looked at myself in the mirror.

“Do you still love Aiden?” I freeze.

“What?” She was swearing a skirt, and I know she felt weird about it. “Honey what are you doing?” I try to lighten up the mood. She was struggling to zip it up. I go to her and unzip, and zip it again for her. She sighs, “Thank you, if it wasn’t for this stupid conference law meeting thing and they want us to dress up, this is what Ellie said I should wear. I stole this skirt from the closet by the way.” I laughed.

 “I thought I knew that skirt from somewhere. Lucky you, we wear the same size.”

 I go back to sit on my bed. The room got silent as she just walked back and forth from the bathroom doing her hair. I hoped she wouldn’t ask me that question again, because I honestly didn’t have the answer.

                Minutes later, Piper gives me a goodbye and leaves me alone. I just sit there at first, bored and waiting for class to start. Scrolling through social media, I like pictures and follow people, I stop when I see a picture of Avery, Aiden’s little sister. It was a picture of her and Aiden, and she captioned, ‘Tbt miss my brother.’ It was a picture of him holding her on his back.

He was smiling wide and she was as well. It was a cute family picture. I like it and comment that they were cute. Instantly she replies back and says for me to call her. Added was her number. I hesitate to whether I should call her, because that’s awkward. I just add her number and set the idea aside to maybe call her later.

                Class was the same as it was every day. The only new thing was that Professor Jones actually read people’s writing out loud. And of course after reading mine, he said my name out loud.

“This is what you want to base your work off of.”

 And of course Janice made a smart comment that Professor Jones caught.

“Janice, would you like me to read yours?”

She shook her head, and he laughed. “Then be quiet and quit interrupting.” The whole class laughed and she put her head down in embarrassment. Professor Jones met my eyes and winked. I laugh at him and we carry own with class.

And I honestly had a thought, if becoming an author, does not work out like I want it to. Then I’m gonna do what Professor Jones is doing. I’m in love with writing, point blank period, it’s a passion, a hobby, and can be a lifestyle all in one.

(Kari Talk: That’s also true for me. I told my English teacher today, having a best-selling book, whether it’s interracial, or somehow it gets changed up, I want that to be what I strive for. I know I have to go through all the trials and tribulations’ being as people’s opinions and interest in actual interracial books and whether my stuff is actually really good as you guys make it seem it is; I want to improve in any way I can and find a way for all of that to happen. Now if I can’t, then I’m hoping that I still want to do this (Writing) in the later years and go to college to be like a creative writing teacher for college students. I know that it takes a lot of work, but as long as I’m talking about writing to a bunch of students, who should hopefully enjoy and be encouraged by writing, whatever I will make doing that should all be worthwhile. Alright that was too much, back to the story)