Chapter 16-

TESSA'S POV-

I get off Hardin's lap and make my way over to my filing cabinets,I pull out a pile of papers and hand them to Trevor.

"Here you go" I say plastering a fake smile.

Trevor-"Thanks,see you soon Emery" I know he really cares for Emery he was part of her life for the first years of it,he was like a father figure to her and he lost that opportunity when he cheated on me with Molly Friggin Samuels.

I often wonder that if Trevor had never cheated ,would me and Hardin get together again or not?

Hardin-"What are you thinking about?" 

"Huh?"

Hardin-"You were daydreaming baby"

The way the word 'baby' rolls off his tongue in his british accent does things to me ,I never thought anybody could make me feel,not even Trevor.

Emery-"Da-Da"

We look over to Emery and notice she has a green marker pen all over her face and hands,How the hell did she get hold of one of them?!

I look over at Hardin and notice that he is laughing uncontrollably whilst I am full on serious.

I pad over to Emery and remover the green marker pen from her grip,causing her to whimper as she no longer has her 'toy'.

I then dispose of the marker pen,but when I say dispose I mean throw it at Hardin who may I just add is still laughing,but let me tell you,he will not be laughing when I cut his balls off.

The green marker pen bounces off his white t-shirt and leaves a stain before falling on the floor.

Now Who's the one laughing?

ME!

--------

We arrive back at our house about 15 minutes later,as Kim let me go early just like she does most days.

I cannot help but wonder that now me and Hardin are a couple again,does that mean we can sleep in the same bed?

As I walk up the steps to the front door with my green faced daughter placed on my hip ,I reach out to place the keys in the lock and notice that the door is already open ajar.

Did Hardin accidently leave the door open when he came to the office?

A million questions race about my head.

"Hardin did you leave the door open when you came out?" I ask as he is getting Emery's stroller out the trunk of the Range Rover.

Hardin-"No I locked it,check the CCTV"

He comes rushing up to the front door opening it to see inside,he opens the door wide enough for both of us to peep our heads round.

The sight before me shocks me.

Our living room is trashed.

The sofa's are turnt on there sides and the tv on the wall has been smashed.

I pull Emery tighter into my chest as I let the tears roll down my face.

"Ahem"

We both turn around to try and figure out where the scoff came from,when we find it my heart sinks,The person I have not seen in over 2 years stood right before me leaving against our kitchen island with a killer smirk on his face.

"N...Noah"

Noah-"Nice to see you again Tessa,Hardin looking bad as always ang who do we have here?"

He asks pointing to my side and looking at Emery.