22: A Win Is A Win

Start from the beginning

He never experred it.

"Told you I was going to kick your butt."

Derrek began to laugh a moment later and I frowned, wondering what he had found so amusing. I had pinned him down to the floor and I had the upper hand now. He should have been wailing in defeat not laughing.

"You call this butt kicking?" He continued to laugh. "It's not, love. However, I'll give you a crash course on the subject." Before I could anticipate his next move, his hands broke free and he flipped us over, so, he was now straddling me. He pinned my hands over my head like I had done with him previously and I tried to break free but he was too strong. I couldn't move.

I glanced up at Derrek in frustration and I froze the moment our eyes met. I felt my heart begin to pound in my chest and it became really hot all of a sudden. His eyes scrolled down my face and I swallowed as my heart seemed to beat even faster. I watched as his eyes scrolled down to my lips and lingered there for a moment before they scrolled back up to my eyes. Images of Derrek drawing closer to me flashed in my mind. Images of him brushing his fingers over my face and his lips—

"I get it! I get it! Get off me, now!"

Derrek seemed taken aback by my unexpected outburst and rolled off me immediately. I looked away, avoiding eye contact. I felt embarrassed by the dirty thoughts that went through my mind. Why did I even think of such? It was extremely inappropriate.

"Sorry, that was—"

"It's fine. I asked for it." I waved it off as I got up to my feet. I glanced around the room awkwardly as I crossed my arms over my chest. I just wanted to get out of here. My eyes landed on the wall clock and I could see it was already past six. The curtains had been drawn, so, we hadn't noticed the sun was already coming up. "The sun's coming up. I should get ready to leave."

"Oh, um, sure. I'll just make breakfast." Derrek answered. I could see him nodding his head from my side eye vision. I was so certain he could sense the awkwardness with me. I really needed to get out of here. "Would you like pancakes or waffles or—"

"Anything's fine, really. I'm not picky." I shrugged, briefly glancing at him. He brushed his hand over the nape of his neck before nodding once again. I turned around and walked away in the direction of the guest room.

Once I was inside, I face palmed multiple times as I walked over to the bed. I laid back down and replayed the last few minutes in my head. What the hell was wrong with me? I had been acting really weird towards Derrek all night and now this morning. Why did I have to think of him kissing me? I didn't even like him that way.

Just then images of last night flashed in my mind's eye. I had run into Derrek's arms the moment he showed up at my house, I had thought his eyes were hypnotic and my heart beat a thousand times faster when he was close to me.

"Oh, God!" I gasped as the thoughts ran through my mind. Did I really like Derrek Dune? "No! No!" I shook my head as I sat up. That couldn't have been it. I was in a very emotional state yesterday and I felt alone and in need of comfort that was why I hugged Derrek and that was why I had thought those dirty thoughts. I didn't like Derrek, I was just very emotional. Yes, that was it.

*

Derrek brought over a fresh towel, new toothbrush and other essential toiletries, then, he took my clothes for a wash while I was in the shower. Once I was all cleaned up, I wrapped the white bathrobe—which he had laid down on my bed—around my body and walked out for breakfast.

"Hi." Derrek greeted as I walked into the kitchen and I gave him a smile. There was no need to make things awkward again. Nothing happened between us—well, something happened in my head but Derrek didn't know that and he didn't need to.

"I'm starving!" I groaned as I glanced at the stack of pancakes on the counter top. The scent of the freshly made pancakes wasn't help.

"It's a good thing I'm done then." He said, setting down the last pancake. He took out a white plate and placed four yummy looking pancakes on it, then, he walked over to the fridge and took out a bowl of ice cream. He took out two scoops and placed it on the stack, then, he took out a bag of strawberries and placed two by the side of the plate. It looked really good and I was already drooling.

I clapped my hands as he set the plate down in front of me and he chuckled as he returned to grab the other plate.

"Would you like tea, coffee or orange juice?"

"Tea. Black tea, two sugars, hold the milk." I instructed like I did each time I ordered tea at a cafe. "Please and thank you." I added in a softer tone as I realized how commanding I had sounded. Tosin was always quick to point out each time I had sounded commanding. I never meant to sound that way, it was just my tone of voice sometimes and that was why the waiters in restaurants always frowned after taking my order. I really didn't mean to sound so mean.

"Coming right up, mam." He said, making his British accent more pronounced. I couldn't tell what particular accent it was but it was much different from his usual Londoner accent.

We ate breakfast in absolute silence and once we were done, Derrek went off to fetch my clothes which were in the dryer. I got dressed right after and ordered an Uber to take me home. I really didn't want to go home but I had no other choice. It was just a little after eight in the morning and I had no appropriate clothes for work, so, I couldn't go in straight from Derrek's. I wasn't one to wear other people's clothing but even if I did, I wasn't ready to tell my family problems to my friends. Hopefully, my mom and dad had already gone off to work and Ruby was out as well.

"Are you ready?" Derrek asked as he walked into the living room in black jeans and a blue and red champion hoodie. He twirled his keys around his finger as he approached me.

"No, that's okay. I already called an Uber."

"You didn't have to. I was going to take you home."

"You have already done so much for me. I didn't want to burden you any further."

"Tiara—"

"Don't worry about me." I cut him off, mustering up a smile. A part of me wished he would insist to take me home but I mostly wanted to get as far away from him as I could. After what had happened today, I needed to be away from him for the sake of my heart and sanity. Besides, I had a situation at home to clear out.

************************

Derrek is such a cheater, BTW. I wish Tiara literally kicked his cheating ass. Remind me to never play video games with him. 😑 😂

This is a filler chapter but I hope you enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading.

❤️