Angel's need their sleep

Hermione opened the curtains surrounding y/n's bed. Y/n threw a pillow at the sudden glare of light, hitting Hermione in the face.

" woah, what happened to you hair it looks like something just hit it"

Y/n groggily sat up, peering at the fuming figure in front of her,

" you need to get up we're going to be late"

" late for what, it's the weekend"

Hermione silently counted in her head, as she got to three, y/n jumped up and rushed to get ready. A muffled scream emoting from the open bathroom,

"THE QUIDDITCH TRYOUTS"

Y/n ran rampant throughout the room sending clothes flying from her wardrobe, finally settling on a simple outfit. As she finished she roughly grasped Hermione's wrist and dragged her towards the grounds.

A crowd of people swarmed towards the stands as Y/n and Hermione parted ways. Y/n walked towards the fields, she had decided to volunteer as medical help, something they hopefully wouldn't need. She jogged over to the team captains for each house ignoring a few stares she received. Marcus Flint peered at the girl across from him,

"looking good l/n, maybe after this you'll go on a date with me"

The remaining captains all glared at the slytherin, the mentioned girls already tired state bubbled an annoyed glare that would send a dementor sulking.

"Flint if you don't shut up i will personally beat you up with your own broomstick"

Y/n sat by the sidelines as the players began their tryouts. It was odd seeing the game played from below. Each student zooming past, desperate to make the teams. The bludgers swiftly navigated around the field colliding against the wooden bats. Y/n slightly gasped as a bludger flew straight at Draco, he swung to the right, narrowly missing an accident. However, his slytherin teammate wasn't as lucky, the ball flew straight towards the unsuspecting chaser and hit Adrian Pucey off of his broomstick. Y/n quickly drew her wand and cast a levitating spell, slowly laying him on the ground. She rushed towards him as the slytherins all took a break from the sport. The girl rushed over to wear he laid and checked his vitals. Her scared thoughts slowly left her as she felt his stable pulse beneath her fingertips. Grabbing a potion from her bag, she lifted his head and let the contents spill into his mouth until the glass vial was empty. The brunette fluttered his eyes open before staring at the girl with a smirk,

"Did i die and go to heaven? Cause if so, i'm not complaining"

She stifled a laugh as she helped him off the ground to his feet. Flashing a quick thumbs up at the others she lifted herself off the ground offering up a hand for the slytherin boy still lying on the ground. He took her offer pulling her in as he too got off of the muddy floor. The quidditch captains turned to face the two, glares formed on their faces as they jogged towards the pair looking like an army. Crossing the field like hungry alligators. Y/n laughed it off as the players once again flew into the fields, air rushing through their locks.

Y/n collapsed onto her bed, burrowing her face into the soft feeling of her silk pillows. She slid under the wide covers, already mad that she would have to once again awake for her classes. She had vowed never to volunteer for the quidditch trials again, the girl had spent countless hours in the cold, shivering as she watched the sport, occasionally patching up the injured. She had been dreaming of her bed throughout and she never wanted to leave ever again.

Hermione lightly chuckled at her friend as she reached over to turn off the night light.

"Goodnight y/n"

Y/n grunted slightly in return. Not a minute had passed when y/n shot open her eyes, a tired scowl painting her face.

She had forgotten to do her defence against the dark arts homework. Snape was scary at times but Umbridge's beady eyes sent chills through y/n's spine.

So still in a tired and semi-angry state, y/n gathered her books and wrapped herself up in her blanket before trudging down the stairs towards the common room. The fire flickered slightly as it lit up the room, the silence occasionally being disturbed by yawns and the scratching of her quill against her parchment. The creaking of the door alerted y/n of someone's presence. Still in a tired state, she turned her blanket covered head to face the entrance. Neville stood in awe of the adorable specimen before him. It wasn't in his character to sneak out, but something had been keeping him awake, or well someone to be more specific, a girl who's smile danced in his mind. So he had been visiting the one place that made him feel the safest, a serene place to collect his thoughts. The greenhouse. In fact he had just finished his visit their when he came face to face with the American girl, sitting in front of the burning fire, holding a quill in her dainty fingers.

"Hi Neville"

The boy blushed as he heard her groggy voice, a sound he could listen to on repeat. He waved slightly, still gripping his pot in the other hand, a single white rose grew out of the soil, he had spent days taking care of it until it yet it still hadn't bloomed. Y/n moved to one side of the couch, patting the spot beside her, guest urging for him to sit. He set the pot on the table before sitting down. They talked until y/n's sleep overcame her, her head rested slightly on Neville's lap as he smiled, also falling into a slumber. For the first time in days he felt calm.

Fred and George jostled down the stares cracking jokes as they continued to the common room. Their chortles stopped as they saw the two lying together situated in front of the now dead flames, a white rose bloomed in front of them. They quickly woke Neville scowls on their face, approaching y/n with an almost loving approach, a clear distinction that could be picked up by any human being. Y/n opened her eyes, surveying her surroundings before realising where she was, she hurried up the stairs to get ready for the day forgetting about her homework that sat on the table.

(A/n I diiiiid it. Hopefully it doesn't delete this time, this is a rewritten version as the first deleted half of it, hope u enjoyed and thank u to everyone who is reading this)

-Sweetandssour