Spew is for elves not vomit

Y/n sat in the great hall, talking with her friends. Dumbledore got up to present his speech, but instead he announce something that caught everyone's attention.

"This year, Hogwarts will be hosting the tri wizard tournament, please welcome beaxbatons and Durmstrang"

As soon as he announced this, a group of girls entered, practically gliding across the room. Their headmistress waltzed to the front and sat at the long table, whereas the Beaxbatons students sat at a table. Then came the thunderous entrance of the Durmstrang boys. They marched into the great hall with...

"ITS VICTOR KRUM!"

The girl turned to look at the overexcited Weasley and slightly chuckled, making him blush. They swung their staffs and concluded with a fire exhibition. Once the room had settled Dumbledore continued.

"The triwizard tournament has been quite brutal in the past, making us add a new rule to the set. Only students above the age of 17 may enter."

This caused an uproar to start up again, especially from Fred and George.

"And i would like to introduce our new defence against the dark arts teacher, Professor Alastor Moody"

A drunken ragged man walked in, he sported a glass eye, which darted around maniacally. He took a swig from a flask and sat down. Dumbledore swiftly began the feast, much to everyone's delight. The students from different schools began wandering around and mingling. Soon all of the students headed off to bed, tired from the feast.

The next day y/n and Hermione headed down to the great hall without Ron and Harry who were still asleep. While they were eating Hermione rambled on about her new founded organisation,

"It's called the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare, or spew for short"

"Um Hermione, that's great and all but most house elves love working. My parents tried giving our house elves a holiday but they ended up crying because they didn't want to leave. Also spew means vomit."

"B-but still, and spew is for elves not vomit"

"I'll wear your badge if that makes you feel better?"

This made Hermione smile brightly. Together they headed off to Defense against the dark arts for their first lesson with Professor Moody. On the way to the classroom they bumped into Harry and Ron and walked together. They hurried into three chairs right in front of the teacher's desk, took out their copies of The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, and waited, unusually quiet. Soon they heard Moody's distinctive clunking footsteps coming down the corridor, and he entered the room, looking as strange and frightening as ever, well at least y/n thought.

"You can put those away," he growled, stumping over to his desk and sitting down, "those books. You won't need them."

Moody then took out a register, shook his long mane of grizzled gray hair out of his twisted and scarred face, and began to call out names, his normal eye moving steadily down the list while his magical eye swiveled around, fixing upon each student as he or she answered.

"Right then,"

he said, when the last person had declared themselves present,

"I've had a letter from Professor Lupin about this class. Seems you've had a pretty thorough grounding in tackling Dark creatures - you've covered boggarts, Red Caps, hinkypunks, grindylows, Kappas, and werewolves, is that right?"

There was a general murmur of assent. Y/n herself nodded slightly.

"But you're behind - very behind - on dealing with curses,"