Hidden in the Shelf

It was simply an act of kindness. That's what he kept telling himself as he walked through the deserted hallway, tugging at the tie which hugged his throat. It would have been more effort to leave the shoes in the hallways where someone could have tripped on them. That was the only reason he had placed them neatly by the same door he had watched a particular slytherin girl exit through with Lovegood. There was absolutely nothing which said otherwise.

Except for the fact he had spent an hour searching for the shoes. And the fact that Mattheo didn't do things for the sake of being kind.

🍵🍵🍵

Y/n on the other hand couldn't be more glad to find the shoes. It had left her mind the moment Luna had waved her off, leaving her to head to the library. She usually sat in her common room when completing her homework, cuddled in her fluffy blanket across from the roaring fireplace. But Pansy wasn't due to be back for at least a couple of hours and she didn't know if she could handle the boys incessant talks of Umbridge by herself and she couldn't risk it right now when classes already had her on the brink of collapse.

She wasn't completely unfamiliar to the library and the many books it housed, in fact she had already picked out her special spot. A small table in the back right corner of the library. It was hidden away by the numerous shelves which towered around it and yet it held a perfect view of whoever wakes in and out of the entrance. Y/n gladly walked towards it's position now, making sure to send a small smile to Madam pince on the way in. She made sure to mentally check the items she was carrying as she walked further into the depths of the shelves. She had almost finished her mental catalogue when her eyes picked up on the fact that the table which was usually swept clean and bare of any human presence now had a boy sitting in one of the two seats which surrounded the wooden table. She continued to approach, relaxing as she began to recognise the red and gold clad boy. His bespectacled eyes were roaming the page before him, glaring at it with an intensity only brought through immense hate for Snape.

Only when she began to set her belongings down did he look up.

"Oh, hey Y/n"

"Mind if I sit?"

The boy shook his head roughly, gesturing for her to continue. She set herself down, following her books which had already tumbled across the hard wooden surface. She actually had quite a few pieces of homework to catch up on and now even Lina's quest for her shoes couldn't stop Y/n from having to read about the numerous aging techniques a singular potion could possess. The two continued working in silence until Harry's words pierced the aid. He had been staring at the same page for the past ten minutes, hoping by some miracle that the words would begin the make sense and lodge themselves into his brain. He changed his tactic, choosing to instead turn to the girl before him.

"Y/n. Some help please"

There was an unmistakable level of desperation In his voice as he stared up at her. She giggled slightly at his exasperated expression, instead of beginning to speak she quickly arose from her seat, moving it closer to Harry. She leant over his textbook, peering at the section he was stuck on,

"So basically, some potions increase in strength and durability with age whereas some grow weaker. But even the ones which grows stronger with age often have an apex where they plateau and then decrease in efficiency"

What the girl didn't seem to realise was the boys inability to focus on her words, instead choosing to allow her melodic voice to soothe his growing migraine. As she came to an end, he quickly nodded his head in mock understanding. Y/n beamed back at him. Before they could continue working in silence the girl spoke once more,

"Do you remember when we flew on the back of Buckbeak?"

Harry had finally decided to listen, intrigued as to where this conversation would lead.

"Yeah, right before Draco had his diva moment"

Y/n couldn't help but let a chuckle pass through her soft lips at the thought,

"Yeah well, I kind of miss flying like that. It was fun"

Harry couldn't answer as Y/n's quill rolled off of her ink engraved pages, falling into the abyss beneath the table. She began fishing for it without her eyes to no avail, before eventually ducking beneath the table, opting to get down on all fours until she found her quill. As she was doing so, Ron entered the library, almost immediately catching sight of the back of Harry's head as he began heading towards the table.

Y/n continued her search until her eyes eventually landed on the familiar feathers on her quill. She quickly snatched it before beginning to rise back to her seat. Only her head hit the wooden underside of the table instead of the air of the library. And when she hit it, she hit it hard. Her hand instinctively reached up to her head, ruffling her hair slightly and letting out a small groan from the growing ache. She continued to exit from underneath the table, coming face to face with Ron as she perched her arms on the base of her chair.

Ron on the other hand, was staring directly at her with a slowly simmering pot of jealousy.

Y/n had just appeared. From under the table. With messed up hair. Pink cheeks. And she had just groaned.

He opened his mouth to speak, slightly pink from the anger which emitted across his body. Y/n and Harry turned to one another, wide eyed as they finally felt the click of what Ron was seeing.

"Did yo-"

"No-"

"Its not what you think-"

Unknown to the trio who were currently receiving death like glares from madame pince at their desperate cries. A sole figure stood in the bookshelf behind them. Holding a perfect view as his knuckles began to turn white from the deathly grip he held on the leather bound book he held. A ticked off expression profound on his face.

A/n Welcome back babes. Another chapter, I saw some people wanted more Harry so here we are. Also a little sprinkle of Matt[hoe] who will be appearing more soon. Tell me what you think.

Love, Sweetandssour