•𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻•

Start from the beginning

The only mission my team has been getting were ridiculous! Babysitting and catching pets wasn't what I signed up for when I became a Genin... Naruto was upset about the events as well.

"Oh ThAnK yOu So MuCh FoR gEtTiNg My KiTtY!" The old woman said squeezing the poor animal in her arms before walking off. The animal was trying to fight her the whole way to the door until they left my sight.

"Now I see why that cat ran away in the first place." I nodded in response to Naruto's comment. The poor animal deserved better then...that. We all turned over back at the Hokage from which our next mission was to babysit, again.

"That is ridiculous old man! Give us a better mission!" Naruto yelled. Sakura hit his head from which I stared at her. She saw me and started rubbing her neck, smiling anxiously. She apologized for her actions and quickly turned back around.

'Serves her right,' I thought.

"Naruto is right sir, I am too bored of these easy missionssss." I whined. We both begged for a better mission and after a short period of time he finally caved in. He gave us a C-rank escort mission. Naruto still seemed upset but I was content with the mission given to my team. The Hokage told the man to come in and when he did I scrunched my face. The guy looked drunk and waisted. Great this seems like babysitting itself with a drunk like that.

"These are the brats that are going to escort me? They look weak."

"YOU WANNA SEE WEAK YOU OLD MAN!? LAST TIME I CHECKED YOU WEREN'T A NINJA!" I screamed trying to take a punch at him. I could have if it wasn't for Naruto and Sasuke holding me back from doing so. Sasuke told me to calm down so I took a deep breath and stop moving. Once they let go I tried to go for another round but Kakashi had put his hand on my mouth.

"DFJBEOINSKDNFJBGEH-KAKASH-DF." I tried to speak but I couldn't. Ugh! The audacity!

"No need to worry sir, I am a Jonin. You are in good hands."

"Hmph, I better be." The man said before leaving the room.

Kakashi let go of me and I sat still with my arms crossed. Kakashi told me not to get so violent and that our job was to protect the man...not kill him. I huffed and turned to the team waiting for instructions. The Hokage told us to get as ready as possible and start to head out. Once we were dismissed Naruto and I ran to the house and got everything together. I went into my drawer and pulled out my Wakizashi and O Tanto.

----------------------------

I bought these at a young age since I always loved katanas. I never had a reason to use these but now I did. I place my Wakizashi behind my back horizontally and place my O Tanto on the side of my leg. I place my shurikens and kunai on the other side of my leg. Finally, I place my bandana in my hair and put my gloves on along with my sandals. 

'I am ready.'

The rest of the gang meet at the entrance of the leaf village where the old hag is and begin to leave.

"Whoooo! We are leaving the village!" Naruto said, continuing to cheer. I wasn't going to lie, I enjoyed it as well since I have never been outside the village too so I guess I was excited. We continued our path until my eyes caught a puddle in the ground which was strange...it hasn't rained recently.

"Kakashi Sensei."

"I know Y/N, keep your guard up." I nod my head and continue to walk in front of my Sensei. We walk for about a minute longer until I sense chakra that isn't my team's. I whip around and scream at Kakashi Sensei causing the other three to turn as well. I was too late as Kakashi had razor sharp shurikens in a rope, wrapping him. The people controlling the ropes pulled and pulled harder, and harder...until...Kakashi had been ripped to shreds from the rope. Sakura screams in fear and I just stand there along side Sasuke with my eyes wide.

'What the hell did I just see...' 

I couldn't move anymore...It was like my body had completely froze and stuck to the ground. Sakura ran to protect the old man while Naruto and Sasuke tried to fight them off. I blink several times before a single tear goes down my cheek. I take out my O Tanto and sprint towards one of the Shinobi's and stab them in the thigh. The yelp and turn towards me with hatred. I gasp and walk backwards and with every step he took towards me, I mirrored away from him. I ran towards Sakura and told her to help Naruto. She ran off as I took her place protecting the bridge builder. Then the Shinobi started to sprint towards us, I didn't know how to react since he was too fast for me. I took out a kunai but something had block my way from seeing him.

"Stay behind me Y/N."

I looked up at Sasuke as he held both his arms out to protect both me and the bridge builder. He was ready to defend but the two enemies never hit him. I open an eye to see Kakashi Sensei had both Shinobi on each side of his arms, crushing them. They lost conscious so we all tied them up to a tree and left.

We stopped walking since Kakashi Sensei wanted to talk to the bridge builder. We found out that our mission wasn't merely a C-Rank mission but a B-Rank or even higher. Ninja were after this man and he lied to us about it! Sakura started talking to us about we should stop the mission.

"Besides, Naruto and Y/N had been cut with the blades and they were poisoned. I think we should head back." I blink and look down to see a cut in my thigh...I didn't even notice it.

Kakashi agrees but before we do, Naruto took his kunai and stabbed his own hand, making a vow to protect the old man and continue the mission. I stood still not knowing what to do since I too had been cut. I thought before taking out my O Tanto and aiming it for my thigh.

"Y/N!" I look at Sasuke since he had yelled my name.

"Are you really going to do the same thing?" 

I found it funny how concerned he sounded regarding the fact I was about to stab myself. I nodded my head and then jammed the small katana into my thigh. I gasped at the pain as I move the small weapon to get the poison out and pull it out again. I then wrap my wound to make sure the bleeding stops. Sasuke walks quickly over to put my arm around him so I could walk faster.

"You don't have to you know." 

"Hn. Well I want to so deal with it." I smile and thank him from which I get a nod in response. We continue our way until we reach a boat. We hurry on and continue our way. I couldn't help but steal glances at Sasuke every now and again. I smile to myself thinking back to when he has helped me. I use to think he was such a nuisance but now...He seems pretty cool to be around.

'Thanks, Sasuke." I say to myself, smiling again.

----------------------------

𝙾𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐...𝚒𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜!