Lacey

The next day, I decided to join Bae and Henry at the park where we could hang out. Bae had brought along two wooden swords to teach Henry how to fight with. We started off with me and Bae showing Henry what to do before Bae started teaching Henry first-hand. I took a step over to the side so that I could have a better view.

"I remember when it was just you two learning how to fight," A voice beside me said, making me jump.

"Hey, Papa. And if I remember correctly I was definitely better than him," I laughed.

"Define better," Papa muttered, causing me to hit his arm.

"Hey! You know it's true," I countered.

"Maybe just a bit," Papa smiled.

I heard someone else walking up to us and was surprised to see Regina walking over to join us.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"The real question is, what's your brother doing with my son?" Regina said.

"Oh, that," I muttered. "That's right. You didn't get the birth announcement, did you? That's Henry's father."

"What?" Regina glared.

"Do I have to spell it out for you? Emma and my brother--" I began.

"You're Henry's Aunt and Gold is his grandfather?" Regina exclaimed.

"That is usually how family trees pan out. Guess that makes us family," I smiled sarcastically. "He's got my eyes, don't you think?"

"You did this," Regina accused, walking round me to start having a go at Papa.

"Trust me, dearie, it was as much a shock to me as it is to you," Papa replied.

"No. You must have known. When I adopted him, it was you who procured him for me. You expect me to believe that that was a coincidence?" Regina asked.

"No, not coincidence. Fate. And apparently, fate has a sense of humour," Papa said.

"Fate," Regina repeated, doubt obvious in her voice. "So, you're playing the part of the loving grandpa now? They won't accept you, no matter what you do. Not your son, not any of them."

"Yeah, we'll see," Papa muttered.

"I've already seen, Gold. I've seen your dark heart, and it always wins out. You always choose darkness," Regina reminded him, and I hated myself because I agreed with her.

"You know, you think you know me, dearie. But you don't," Papa said.

"I know you well enough. If your own son and daughter couldn't bring out the good in you, who will?" Regina said before walking away.

I wasn't really sure what to say to Papa so I remained silent and just watched Bae duck one of Henry's hits.

"I've gotta go," Papa muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part of me felt guilty that I hadn't tried to tell Papa that Regina was wrong but the other part of me knew that nothing I said would change his mind. Cause deep down we both knew that she was right. My father loved the darkness and there was nothing we could do about it.

I was currently in David's jeep with him, Mary Margaret, and Emma. Apparently, something happened while we were in New York that they needed to show us. I had no idea why it had taken so long for them to show us but I guess it has all a bit chaotic since we came back.

"Why are we in the middle of nowhere? Why aren't you guys telling us what's going on? Why the secrecy?" Emma asked, as we got out of the jeep on the side of the road next to an empty field.