Manhattan

The flight was a whole lot shorter than I thought it was gonna be. Within just over an hour, we had took off and landed in New York City. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to take much longer than that of the crying baby in the back of the plane.

It was clear to anyone that neither Papa nor I had ever been on a plane before as we were both pretty shaken up. I definitely preferred travelling by magic.

By the time we had touched down, Papa was shaking badly. The whole way through the airport, I kept our arms linked and kept on assuring him that we would be fine and that we would find Bae. What else could I do?

Emma, having lived in a city like this before, called us a taxi the proper way and Papa gave them the address of my brother's place. I'd asked him how he knew where he lived but he wouldn't tell me. I just presumed that it was with that weird locator device he had.

When the taxi started to slow down to a stop, I looked out the window at all of the tall buildings. Each one was as tall as the one before and some of them looked fairly old. I had never been in a place so busy; both cars and people. The atmosphere was amazing though. People were rushing round buying things or trying to get to work. I found it difficult to imagine Bae being like them as the last time I saw him we were living in the Enchanted Forest.

We got out the taxi and all looked up at my brother's apartment.

"What's wrong? This is the right place?" Emma asked when she saw that we hadn't moved.

"Yes, it is," Papa confirmed.

"Let me guess. He's not expecting you," Emma predicted. I shook my head nervously and looked back up at the building. "Well, who doesn't love a surprise?"

"Come on. It's now or never," I muttered to Papa before following Emma to the door.

"No Baelfire," Henry told us, looking at all the names.

"Yeah, that probably wouldn't fly as an alias," I said.

"Your magic globe didn't give you an apartment number?" Emma asked Papa, who leaned in to look at the names.

"It doesn't work that way," Papa muttered.

"Do any of these names mean anything to you?" Henry asked.

"Well, names are what I traffic in, but sadly, no," Papa replied.

"Here's your boy," Emma suddenly said, pointing at number 407 which didn't have a name on it.

"It could just be vacant," I suggested.

"You might traffic in names and magic, but I traffic in finding people that don't want to be found, and those sort of folks don't like to advertise their whereabouts," Emma explained before pushing down the button. "U.P.S. package for 407."

We all waited in silence for a minute before the line disconnected.

"Maybe you should've said FedEx," Henry suggested.

Suddenly, we heard a crash and a clank in the distance and that could mean only one thing...

"He's running," Emma said.

We went back outside and saw someone running down the stairs on the side of the building. He had his hood up to make sure that we didn't see his face.

"That--that favour you owe me--this is it. Get him to talk to me. I-I can't run and he won't recognise Amie," Papa told Emma, as we watched Bae jump down onto the ground.

"Watch Henry. I'll be back," Emma said before sprinting off after Bae.

To speed up the time, I took Henry to the nearby hotdog stool and brought him one.