The Queen is Dead

Finally reunited with my brother, we tried to spend as much time together to make up for lost time. So to do that, the five of us were taking a little stroll through the city when Bae stopped us outside a shop.

"So... you like pizza?" Bae asked Henry.

"Yeah. L-let me guess. You're gonna tell me that the best pizza's in New York and I gotta try it, right?" Henry countered.

"Actually, it's in the Kingdom of Damarian on the north shore of the dragon fields of zorn," Bae joked, making me laugh at his little act. "Nah, it's in New York. Here. Let's get you two a slice."

Bae led Henry and I into 'Arco Di Trionfo Pizzeria'.

"So you're really from... there?" Henry asked.

"Yeah, I am," Bae smiled at him.

"Shouldn't we invite the others?" I muttered to Bae. "You know, set a good example for your kid about forgiving and forgetting."

"They'll be fine. Plus I don't think Papa would really be the pizza type of person," Bae muttered back, causing me to raise an eyebrow at him.

"Fine. But we should at least buy them a slice each. And don't worry, I know which pizza they like," I told him, remembering when Papa got arrested for beating up Moe and landed himself in jail.

"Ok, then. Tell me. What type of pizza would the Dark One have?" Bae asked.

"I'd go for the meat feast for him and a margarita one for Emma and myself," I replied, smiling.

"You make it sound like I'm paying," Bae raised an eyebrow.

"That's cause you are. Think of it as our reunion gift but as you are the oldest twin, you get the honour of paying," I smiled.

"I'm only older by ten minutes," Bae defended.

"Hmm. Still," I muttered, as we walked over to order.

A few minutes later, we were walking out of the pizzeria with a hot pizza slice each and me holding three, two for the others. Although, to the other people in there, it would probably look like I was actually having three slices. Great!

"What are we talking about?" Bae asked Emma when we got back to them.

Papa and Emma didn't respond so it had clearly been a personal topic and I decided to break the silence by giving them their pizza.

"Thank you, dearie," Papa gave a small smile, as he took his pizza.

"No problemo," I sighed.

"Emma, Neal wanted to show me the museum. Do you think we can go back to the apartment and get my camera?" Henry asked.

Emma looked over at Bae, giving him a questioning look. To be honest, I was slightly surprised that Bae would want to go to the museum. He was never one for history.

"Yeah, well, I... kids like culture, right?" Bae pondered.

"Sure. Yeah, that's fine. You like the New York pizza?" Emma asked Henry.

"Yeah. It's delicious, cheesy and doesn't lie," Henry replied, making Emma's eyes widen and me to choke on the piece of pizza I was eating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So should I call you 'grandpa' and Auntie Tasha now?" Henry asked us.

"You can call us whatever you'd like," I chuckled.

We were now heading back to the apartment to get Henry's camera before we went to the museum. Emma and Bae were walking behind us while Henry, Papa and myself were up ahead. Papa and I had our arms linked as we walked through the busy streets of New York.