Part 10

I was awakened by the loud ringing of the phone, which made me open my eyes and jump in fear. I looked at my watch and saw that it was 11 in the morning. I grabbed the phone and put it to my ear.

"Hello?" I said sleepily, giving a.

"Good morning darling, this is Clyde." He said.

My eyes widened and I sat comfortably on the bed. I foolishly played with the phone cord, leaving nothing behind.

"Oh hi Clyde!" Said.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" He said laughing.

"Yes... I mean no!" I lied to him so as not to worry him. I heard her laugh on the other end of the phone, which made my heart skip a beat.

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to spend the afternoon with me. We can meet now and let's eat and go to the movies at noon." He proposed it to me. I was left blank not knowing what to answer.

I gulped. "Sure, I'd love to! Breakfast and I'll go to your place." I said already getting up from the couch.

"Perfect love." He said. We both said goodbye and hung up the phone. I breathed a sigh of love and got up from my gray to dress elegantly. I put on a white jumpsuit and sandals of the same color and tied my hair up with a bow and left two strands on the sides.

I went down to the kitchen and there was my father reading a newspaper while eating a cookie, my mother having a coffee and... Paul... looking me up and down and biting her lip. I already forgot what happened the night before.

"Where are you going so pretty love?" My mom asked.

"Clyde called me and we're going for a ride." I said shyly. Paul's face changed to an angry one, rather a jealous one.

"Ahh you go with your beloved Clyde, huh?" I blushed and picked up a banana from the fruit bowl on the table.

"Who is that Clyde?" Paul asked.

"Grace's platonic love." Dad answered, laughing at me.

Clyde already knew that I liked him. I had the wrong decision to tell him my feelings when I was fourteen years old. Exactly on April Fools' Day, so if he rejected me I would tell him it was a joke. But the play did not go wrong. (A/N: Based on a true story 😅)

"I gotta go." I said quickly when I finished eating the banana. I threw the skin in the trash. Then I grabbed a watermelon gum and gave my father and mother a kiss on the cheek and looked at Paul sheepishly.

His face was serious. Jealous seriously. I smirked at him.

"Goodbye Uncle Paul." And so I walked out the door on my way to Clyde's house.

I got there faster than I thought, considering that I was walking. My steps were keeping pace with my heart. I guess that's why I got there so fast.

On my way, I thought about Paul and what happened yesterday. It was wrong? Probably. I liked? Yes. Was he very good in bed? Much. Yes, I loved Paul, but after so many years together, I felt weird when I thought about it, but that weirdness goes away when he stares at me, speaks to me, touches me, kisses me.

"Hey Cutie!" Clyde opened the door.