we'll be a fine line *request*

requested by @aesthetic_styless! hope u like it!! <3

*listen to fine line by our lord and savior harry styles while reading!! i tried to link the yt video but it isn't working :(*

(Timothée's POV)

Put a price on emotion
I'm looking for something to buy
You've got my devotion
But man, I can hate you sometimes

I lie on my side of the bed, staring up at the dark ceiling. Y/N lays beside me, her back towards me. I can't see her face, but I know she's awake; I can hear her sniffling and I'm sure her pillow is soaked with tears.

I want to reach out and wrap Y/N in my arms but I hold myself back. How could I even think of holding her? It's a miracle I'm even allowed in bed next to her. After yet another huge fight tonight, I can't believe we're still together.

For the past few weeks, it seems that all Y/N and I do is fight. It's as if the first few months of our relationship, which were the happiest months of my entire life, are nonexistent. We can't seem to agree on anything. Whenever we're in the same room, we just set each other off.

Tonight was our biggest fight by far. She accused me of having feelings for another girl. It hurts that she would even think that. I love Y/N so much, despite the constant bickering. I can't believe she thinks so little of me.

I don't want to fight you
And I don't want to sleep in the dirt
We'll get the drinks in
So I'll get to thinking of her

It's not like I want to be fighting with Y/N. She's the best thing to ever happen to me. I remember when I first laid eyes on her, it felt like the world stood still. She was - is - perfect. The night I met her, she was the only thing on my mind. And when I woke up the next morning, she was the first person I thought of.

We just worked so well together. So what went wrong? Where did we fall short? It kills me that we're fighting like this. It makes me think we aren't meant to be together, which hurts my heart because as much as we fight, I can't imagine living a single day without her.

And that's the problem. Our relationship isn't a healthy one. We're both suffering, yet neither one of us is willing to let go. I want to keep this relationship going, but how?

We'll be a fine line

I don't know if we'll make it through this. I don't know if I can salvage whatever scraps are left of our relationship. And that scares me. A life without Y/N scares me.

But what if this, this fighting and yelling and screaming, is life with Y/N? What if I stay and we can never get past this? Is it worth it? No matter how much I love her, I can't help but wonder, is it worth it?

(Your POV)

Test of my patience
There's things that we'll never know
You sunshine, you temptress
My hand's at risk, I fold

I feel the mattress move as Timothée shifts in the bed beside me. I want to turn around and look at him, just to see if he's okay, but I know I shouldn't. It doesn't feel right after what we said to each other tonight.

I blew up at Timothée tonight, accused him of cheating on me with another girl. I happened to see texts on his phone from someone named a name I don't recognize. I know how wrong it is for me to snoop through his texts, and I immediately regretted it, but it made me so angry. He denied any sort of side relationship immediately. But part of me doesn't believe him.

I don't want to think of Timothée as the kind of guy to cheat, but after the way he's been acting lately, I can't help but think that. He comes home from work and acts so cold and distant. But he wakes up the next morning and suddenly springs to life. He's so happy and loving and caring, as if he wasn't acting like the most miserable person on earth when he comes home. I don't know what's going on with him. It scares me to think that he can be so two-sided. Is something wrong? If so, why won't he talk to me?