cuddling

(Your POV)

"I'm tired of playing this," I say as I roll the dice for the millionth time. Timothée and I have been taking a relaxing day today, just playing board games, watching movies, and baking cookies.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Timothée questions.

"Cuddle?" I request. A smile spreads across Timothée's face and his eyes light up. Without saying a word Timothée drops his game cards and leaps onto the bed. He pats the open space next to him and I gladly climb up.

As soon as I lay down, Timothée's arm snakes around my waist, pulling me closer to him so that I'm pressed tightly against his side. My head rests on his chest and his head rests on top of mine. Our legs intertwine and my arms wrap around his torso tightly.

We don't say anything for a while. I just listen to the sound of his heart beating, a calm and steady rhythm. His fingers run up and down my spine, stopping every once in a while to trace patterns onto my back. I feel him plant small kisses on the top of my head, making me smile every time he does it.

"I'm tired of looking at the top of your head," Timothée says, interrupting the silence. "I want to see your gorgeous face."

I look up, my Y/E/C eyes meeting his greenish-blue ones. As soon as he sees my smile, his whole face lights up as if he's seen the best thing in the entire world. He peppers kisses all over my face before moving on to my lips.

Even though Timothée and I have been dating for a while now, I still feel my heart swell every time our lips meet. Fireworks explode as our lips move in synchronization, a slow but passionate dance. I can feel him smile into the kiss, making me smile, too.

When we break apart, our foreheads rest against each other and we stare into each other's eyes, smiles glued to both of our faces.

"Y/N, how did I get so lucky to find a woman like you?" Timothée questions.

"I could ask the same question about you."

"No, seriously. I wake up every morning next to you and think 'wow, I really get to wake up next to you.' You are the most beautiful, intelligent, sweetest, kindest, craziest person I know. And I thank my lucky stars everyday that I get to call you mine."

I want to say something just as sweet back to Timothée, but my mind is swirling too much to form a sentence properly.

Instead, I opt for a different route, leaning in and kissing Timothée. He kisses back immediately, and so begins the make-out cycle.

When we break apart again, I rest my head on his chest again, listening to beating of his heart. This time, it's faster and louder.

Now this, this is something I will never get tired of.

***

hello! quick lil imagine for ya! super sweet though, right?

i'm working on a request currently that will be up next, but if you have your own request, pm me! i'd love to write it for you!

pls don't forget to like, share, and follow for more! all the support you guys give me means the world!

have a wonderful day!

much love, lyra <3