nice to finally meet you *request*

requested by @awkxard ! enjoy love!

(Your POV)

"Our next guest is the insanely talented young actress who is turning heads in Hollywood after starring her debut film Rising Sun, everyone please welcome Y/N Y/L/N!" Ellen Degeneres says, the crowd rising to their feet, clapping and cheering loudly.

I walk out onto the stage from backstage, waving to the crowd and doing a little dance before taking my seat next to Ellen. When the cheering finally dies down, the interview begins.

"Hey, Y/N! How are you doing today?" Ellen questions.

"I'm doing good! Really nervous though. This is my first big interview," I say.

"Well, don't be nervous. We'll only embarrass you a little," Ellen responds, making the audience and I laugh.

During the interview, Ellen asks me about random things, from my new career as an actress to some childhood memories. We also talked about my nomination for Best Supporting Actress at the upcoming Oscars. I thought I was doing really well until Ellen asks a question I wasn't expecting.

"So, I heard you're a big fan of Timothée Chalamet," Ellen says. I hesitate for a moment before answering.

"Um, yeah. I love him. He's a great actor and he seems to have a great personality. I'd love to meet him sometime," I say.

"And he's cute," Ellen blurts out.

"Yes, that is very true," I respond.

How did she know about my crush on Timothée? Well, she is Ellen, so if anyone could find out, it would be her.

"You know, I think you two would make a very cute couple."

My cheeks turn crimson red and I cover my face with my hands for a moment. Oh boy, I really hope Timothée doesn't end up seeing this. I don't want his first impression of me to be this embarrassing interview.

"I don't know about that, he's too good for me."

"Are you kidding? He'd be lucky to have you. And seriously, you two would definitely make a power couple, I'm telling you."

"Well thank you," I say, still very embarrassed.

We wrap up the interview and I return backstage to gather my belongings. The whole time Timothée is on my mind. I know he'll be at the Oscars, and I hope he doesn't see this interview until after I meet him there.

*****

As I am standing on the Oscars red carpet, everything seems like a blur. Dozens of reporters are calling my name and cameras are flashing in my face. Even while I'm on the red carpet, I'm being introduced to some of the biggest names in Hollywood for the very first time. Everything is just so overwhelming.

While I stand towards the end of the red carpet and pose for the cameras, I feel two hands grab my shoulders and a handsome voice whispers in my ear.

"I saw you on Ellen," the voice whispers. I instantly recognize who it is and I'm too afraid to turn around. The cameras go crazy and I know they are capturing my beet red face in this moment of pure embarrassment.

"Oh, really?" I say, still facing towards the press, his hands still resting lightly on my shoulders.

"Yeah. And I just want you to know that I have been thinking the same thing about you. For a while. Like way before the interview," Timothée says.

Before I even have time to react, Timothée is gone, off to talk with another reporter or meet someone new. Without his hands on my shoulders, I suddenly feel cold and find myself wishing he were still next to me.

My manager approaches me and snaps me out of my thoughts.

"We have to go in, the ceremony is about to begin," he says to me, leading me into the Dolby Theater. I let him drag me, I'm still in a daze after what happened with Timothée.

Inside the theater, before I take my seat, I hear someone calling my name. I search the area looking for the owner of the voice and eventually spot Timothée standing towards the side. He has a huge smile on his face and is waving me over towards him.

I wait until my manager isn't looking and then quickly run over to Timothée. I look at him expectantly.

"I'm so sorry about that interview," I say to him. "I wasn't expecting the question and I was so flustered that I wasn't sure what I should say and I made a fool-"

"Stop," Timothée says with a smile, interrupting my tangent. "I thought it was cute. And I wanted to ask you if you'd like to hang out some time."

I wave of giddiness and relief washes over me. Who knew?! The interview I thought would ruin my chances with Timothée actually saved them.

***

hello! this was requested by the amazing @awkxard ! i am so sorry that this took forever to post, thx for being so patient w me! i hope you enjoy!

if you have your own request you'd like to make, pls pm me and i will get to work! i love getting requests so don't be shy!

also if you didn't see my previous imagine, i just wanted to let you know that i am going to be on vacay from mon-sat, so if i don't update then, you know why! i'll try my best to post, but no promises!

if you enjoyed this imagine, pls like, share, and follow me to see more! thx for your support!

much love, lyra <3