• C H A P T E R 20 •

"where were we?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"You were with me"

"You took me with you"

You and Jungkook bickered in front of Jin, who had his arms crossed across his chest as he caught you two entering Jungkook's mansion at three early in the morning where the sun was about to rise after a few hours.

You were too shy to tell that you were alone with jungkook watching the night view alone, in each other arms.

And so was Jungkook, his pride was too big for him to remember that he cried like a baby in front of you.

"You two", your attention was back on Jin who was an angry bird now. "I don't know where you two were but now you better freshen up and go to sleep, we'll talk in the morning, understood?", You nodded like an obedient child followed by Jungkook.

You had come to Jungkook's house a few times before, just for work purposes, so you somewhat knew where the guest rooms were and where the rest of the boy's rooms were.

You walked up the stairs, to your room as Jungkook skipped some steps and joined beside you

"Want to sleep with me tonight?"

Your eyes widened and so did Jungkook's as the question came out in a wrong way. You turned towards him and smacked him across his bicep, hard.

"No no no, although I was just kidding that came out wrong, don't misunderstand", he panicked as he wailed his hands around trying to come off clean

"yeah yeah, and you expected me to go even when you weren't kidding?. I would have just call Jin Oppa to get your perverted ass beaten up"

"and I don't you would do that", jungkook said as you neared your room

"and what made you think that?'

"because you are standing outside my room now", he smirked

You couldn't proceed with what he said, so you looked at the door right in front of you and then the boy next to you and then to the door. You double took everything, but indeed, in bold capital letters, palate hung there, JK written on it.

"I-", the ability to form sentences seemed to disappear again

"See, you yourself came up to my door"

And with that, you backpedaled and with a whip, as you turned away and dashed away from there even God doesn't know where.

■-■

You opened your eyes to see everything in dark, not a ray of light. Suddenly, just like you were engulfed in someone's arms pushing you side to side as if using you as a shield.

You tilted your head as saw Jungkook, face ever so handsome and laugh ever so heart-melting. you were surrounded by the boys as Taehyung came running with a water pipe, spraying water onto you two.

You laughed as you tried to cover yourself but everything suddenly changed, You looked around, everything is dark again. You were alone, the boys weren't with you anymore. And there you saw, two lights, coming closer and closer to you. And before you could comprehend it, you were hit with great force that sends you few feet away.

You jerked up from your slumber, looking around to see where were you, and signed as you saw Jungkook's guest room. You looked for water to cool yourself down from what you just dream of right now. But to your luck, you forgot to bring a bottle of water last night. You removed your duvet and decided to walk downstairs.

You stepped down from the last step and walked towards the kitchen only to see Jin cooking with a pink apron on.

"Good morning, Oppa", you greeted as you took a bottle out from the fridge and took a sip from it.

"you're up"

"yeah couldn't sleep", you let out

"bad dream?"

you hummed and walked up to him, "you're making kimchi early in this morning?"

"yep, we're having kimchi for breakfast and fresh handmade kimchi is the best"

"Oppa, you care for the boys so much, I sometimes envy them so much, ah"

"haha, don't, now you are also getting special treatment from the special worldwide handsome guy", he boasted jokingly as he mixed the ingredients. "by the way", you looked at Jin as his tone suddenly turned serious. "what did you and Jungkook go last night?"

"we-", you thought if you tell him or not, your thoughts got interrupted by Jin

"He talked about his hyung right?", you were surprised. You wondered how did he know. He continued, "I could just tell by looking at his face. He must trust you a lot to tell you his deepest and darkest secret, and I do. His was just a small boy who suffered a lot in the past. It took us years for us to let him talk about it"

"I never saw him that vulnerable, he looked so broken", tears pooled up in your eyes you recalled yesterday night

"He is Y/n. His heart was broken in the cruelest way possible and I need you to mend it back, I know you can do it"

"how?", he met your eyes and let out a soft smile, before he looked into the distance ahead of him

"you know, Kintsugi is the Japanese art of putting broken pottery pieces back together with gold, it is built on the idea that is embracing flaws and imperfections, you can create an even stronger, more beautiful piece of art"

"Oppa, what are you trying to imply?", you asked, confused as what does Kintsugi have to do with Jungkook

"y/n", he met your eyes once again, the soft smile still playing on his lips, "his heart is broken into pieces, but now, they are coming together, slowly, but it keeps falling apart because it hasn't been healed and you have to heal it completely"

and still, you couldn't catch what Jin was trying to say. A clueless and dumb expression was plastered on your face as you kept looking at him

"haven't you realized y/n?", he raised his eyebrows at you

"realize what?"

"that you're the one. You're the gold that will mend his heart. okay, now go and wake the others up."

oh well, things exerted quickly.

■-■

Sorry for the late update

Sorry for the late update. I am a bit busy with my study schedule but I took some time out to write. (ب_ب)