Part 19

Italics- Lydia's voices

Oliver

"I don't want that," Oliver told him, breathing steadily. Ra's motioned a hand to Sarab and other assassins to take Diggle and Malcolm away. He turned and looked at Lydia who was still faint at the pit, "Take her too."

"No! No!" Oliver shouted as an assassin held him back. Ra's held up his hand for him to stop and he watched as they dragged Lydia's limp body down the hallway. "Come with me," Ra's said, walking past him. Oliver turned his head to look back, before following Ra's.

"If you didn't notice, the Banshee's hand healed," he began. "Affects of the Lazarus Pit. It has been used for many Ra's' to heal and keep their youth." Ra's caught Oliver's lingering stare at the pit before looking at him. There was this calm look Ra's had on his face before he continued the tour.

Oliver was led into a dimmed dining room and Ra's sat down, before motioning to sit next to him. "Eat," he instructed but he shook his head, watching him pop a grape into his mouth. "Why do you want me to become Ra's?" Oliver asked straightforwardly. He leaned back in his throned chair and glanced at him, "You have conquered death, especially one inflicted by me, and you have an honor I have never seen in the assassins that come to me."

His head lifted when he heard the doors swing open and the familiar assassin in red and black angrily entered. Nyssa took a pause and bowed before shouting, "Why is Oliver the heir?!" Ra's slowly turned his head to face his daughter and motioned her to sit. She plopped herself down, keeping her stare at Oliver then faced Ra's. "I get to choose my heir and that is Oliver Queen," he told her, getting up. Nyssa stood up and eyed him and her father before pivoting and walking out.

Ra's led Oliver with Sarab behind him to a fighting room where assassins were practicing. He drew a sword from Sarab's satchel and swifted his way through the attacks. One wave of his sword and assassins dropped. Ra's left one of them standing and held up his sword. "Don't let their tactics fool you," he said, handing them the weapon. The assassin bowed and Ra's turned around, walking back to Oliver. "You killed them," he said worriedly. "They fight and die for me," Ra's spoke deeply.

They went back to the main area of the sanctuary and Oliver stood firmly as Ra's moved near his throne. Sarab stood off to the side and Nyssa appeared from the shadows. He turned his head when he heard grunting and shouting. "Let me go!" Lydia yelled. Diggle was struggling and Malcolm was letting himself get dragged. Ra's waved his hand and the assassin let the three go and they stood beside Oliver.

"I will give you time to think about your choice, Oliver," Ra's spoke. He slowly sat down on his throne and narrowed his eyes at them to leave. "Let's go," Oliver told them, turning his body towards the door. "It feels like a cemetery!" Lydia taunted with a faint chuckle. "Be careful what you say, you have a bounty on your head," Malcolm whispered. "Death keeps knocking at my door!" She added before walking out the massive double doors. Oliver took a long glance at Ra's who was smirking, before leaving.

The four of them went up the stairs onto the ARGUS jet and sat on the seats. Malcolm curled up in the front of the jet with a blanket over him and fell asleep. Diggle had gone to the pit to help the pilots and Oliver was in the back, sitting across from Lydia.

"Are you okay?" he asked her. She slightly nodded that she was back to her regular self before he leaned back in his seat. He tried not to think about Ra's offer as he looked out to the rising sun.

"You're thinking too much," Lydia whispered, sitting on his lap. He wrapped an arm around her lower back as she laid her chin on his head. To distract him, she played with his free hand and he let out a sigh.