17// "Curiouser and Curiouser"

**WARNING**
Very long chapter with some confronting scenes ahead

17// “Curiouser and Curiouser”

“Yes wonderful Alice! You’re a genius!” Blondie exclaimed, “What did you do to get him to accept?”
“She pitied him” I said savagely in the corner.
“I happened upon an adventure, thank Hatter” Alisa said modestly. All eyes turned to me.
“You seriously did it?” Jaxon asked astonished.
“Whoa whoa hold on—”
“And Harper and Carrigan caught you?” James added.
“Holy shit no!” I snapped, “nothing happened”

Blondie glared at me and raised her eyebrow in that way where she did not believe a word that I was telling her. I noticed it and was the only one to come to my own defence, Alisa is seemed had no idea, or maybe she did and she just didn’t feel like denying it. But I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, I think I would remember if I slept with Alisa Wilders.
“We did not sleep together” I put my hands up in line with my shoulders defensively.
“Yeah, sure, sure pretty boy. However that’s beside the point” Blondie began to pace, she was plotting it was clear as day that gleam in her eye that told everyone that she was up to no good.
“What did he offer?” she continued, “Are we getting out of here?”

I was quiet for a moment, wondering how I was going to say this,
“He said something about a field trip and that if we were good for the next week he could possibly sway Carrigan to let us go out for the day” I explained, trying to bring my words together as best as I could while trying not to be distracted as Alisa had hitched her skirt almost all the way up her thighs and was sitting very adorably on the stool in the corner just mumbling as she always did.
“Could possibly?” Blondie seethed, her eyes narrowed, arms folded over her chest, the biceps on her arms sticking out. I swear she had more muscle than I did, “if we’re good for the next week?” she added.
“We’re hanging the chance of our escape on an if and possibly” Blondie exclaimed gesturing with her hands giving her so much more finesse with her words.

“That’s what Harper said. He can’t promise anything, but he likes Alisa—Alice” the whole dorm stiffened and jumped at the wrong name. They all widened their eyes and waited for a response, thankfully Alisa hadn’t heard “and I’m guessing as long as she keeps her cool, he’ll pull through with the field trip” I continued.
“Wait, hold on this isn’t going to be another shitty field trip like last time. If we’re going to keep Little Miss Wonderland happy and not in the mood for murder, we need to have a decent reward” James piped up as he sat precariously on the back of the sofa.
“I agree” Blondie put her hand up as though going to vote, “something fucking awesome. Something that may or may not have access to unlimited drugs and shirtless people”

I looked over at Cherry who did a face palm before laughing at her friend’s blunt remark.
“Don’t even deny it March Hare” Blondie countered, “we’ve been cooped up in here for an entire age. It’s about time that us crazy kids got out and did something. The plan is simple” we all leaned in to hear what she had to say.
“We can keep our manners for a week” Blondie scrunched up her face in an expression that said that she didn’t completely believe it.
“We can do that.” I added, I felt like I was having no say in this, but truth be told I was beginning to bite my nails out of boredom, a change couldn’t come soon enough.

That night on the roof watching the meteor shower was only a taste. A taste, a sip, a mere morsel and we wanted more. We all wanted more. It was a bad mistake, because now we were hungry, thirsty for the flavour that was freedom. Maybe Harper shouldn’t have let us off, he shouldn’t have offered the field trip to us. Because now it would consume us, completely and utterly till it was the only thing we could think of…freedom.  
“We just have to band our forces together to keep her…” I trailed off, eying Alisa while trying to think of the right word to describe what we needed to do.
“Stable”
“Not horny”
“Nice”
Cherry, Jaxon, James and Blondie all asked in unison.