39// "This Is Impossible"

Attention lovelies! This is the last official chapter of Tailored Hat, Cats and White Rabbits and I just want to thank anyone who read, voted and commented on this original tale of mine :) it means a lot. There will be an epilogue that I will upload soon. There is also the potential for a spin-off original story...comment or PM me if you want that to happen ;) So without a further ado, here is the last chapter, hope y'all don't have me too much after this.

Till then, 
ARM179 xx :)

39// "This Is Impossible"

"Why is she laughing?"
"Did she not hear what Sandra said?"
"Is this some sort of reverse parenting?"
The questions flew around the room in quiet hushes. Alisa was laughing. Not hysterically but like she knew something we all didn't. Some piece of knowledge that only she had possession of and refusing to give the rest of us in tell.

"Alisa" Howard asked his daughter delicately, his hand resting on her shoulder, trying to wake her from the laughing stupor. But she was having none of it. Sandra had her nose turned skywards her mouth forming into a sneer. Even she couldn't pretend as though she wasn't curious as to what Alisa was cracking up about. Finally after a few minutes Alisa calmed down, her shoulders straightened, folded her arms, a new expression on her face that was completely foreign to her features.

"You know Sandra, there's only so far a mother can push a daughter before said daughter has a mental breakdown and people start diagnosing her as schizophrenic" American. Her accent. Had changed. She had been putting on her old English Alice accent for so long. Now her breath was releasing from her chest, her brows creased into an arrogant smirk.

She was goddamn American.

What was it to know someone? I had thought that if I somehow redeemed Alisa Seraphine Wilders from all of her crimes then maybe I would come close to understanding what it was to know somebody. But as I stared at the girl whom I thought to have a mental condition this entire time. The girl whom I was sure was sick and delusional and crazy and in love with me, the girl who I was in love with—she was not the Alisa Seraphine Wilders I had come to know and love. She was American and healthy and even more beautiful than the brightest angel of heaven.

Cherry was speechless, Jaxon and James were speechless and dear god chatterbox never shut the fuck up Blondie could not comprehend the ability of speech. There seemed like the air crackled around us with heat and ice, my entire body froze and yet was heating up from the core. Heaven and earth collided, Wonderland exploded and lay around our feet like confetti in gory tatters.

Everything about Alisa changed. Her eyes, the colour of her hair, her smile, her body, her posture, her voice, even her clothes—she was a completely different person. I mean what the fuck did this mean? She had been putting it on. There was no Wonderland? There was no Alice?

There was no Mad Hatter?

"How—b-but...this is impossible" Michael Lantara was not speaking, it was the Mad Hatter and he was scared. Did he not exist? Was he not who Alice loved most in this world? Alisa turned to me but never quite made eye contact. Her eyes seemed to be glassy, filled with tears but she kept them at bay.
"Only if you believe it is" she said in her fake English accent with every ounce of nostalgia she could muster into her words.

Alisa turned back to her Sandra her arms steady by her sides.
"There's something you should know, you should all know, about emotional pain...it's unpredictable. And that scares people and when people get scared they hurt others, often those very close to them." her eyes were trained solely on Sandra as the woman herself was near to crying in front of us all.
"Emotional pain is destructive and a day to day struggle for a lot of people who don't understand social obligations. Social obligations that for most people it's simple and routine" there was a hitch and it seemed everyone else's breath caught with her.