chapter 8

dream woke up first, and to his surprise, george was the one spooning him. dream rolled over and looked at george.

georges brown hair was in a sort of mess, but it still looked pretty. his breathing was steady, and dream put his hand lightly over where georges bruise is.

be gentle with him.

georges lips looked so soft, and they were such a vibrant pink.

when will you kiss me?

dream used his other hand to play with georges hair, entangling it with his fingers.

hes so soft.

dream put his forehead on georges, and listened to his soft breathing.

oh my god.

georges eyes fluttered open, and when he saw dream, he smiled and blushed a little.

"good morning." dream said.

"hi." george replied, his voice sleepy. george saw dream make such an unusual expression towards him, like he was lovestruck.

he doesnt love you. well maybe he loves you but hes not in love with you. hes not gay. im not gay.

with that on his mind, george sat up. he moved the curtains out of the way and peeked out the window. it looked dead outside.

dream still lied there, then ran a finger up georges back.

george flexed his back, not expecting such a shocking feeling. "dream what the hell?" to keep his balance, he put a hand behind him, and turned to face dream.

dream smiled, and put his hand on georges.

"dream." georges face got red.

can he stop? i cant take this.

dream received an uncomfortable look from george, and he took his hand away. "sorry."

oh my god.

george turned towards the window again.

dream sat up. "i think our stay comes with breakfast but im not sure."

"we shouldnt push it. we didnt even have to pay to stay here tonight." george got up and tugged his jeans on.

"true true. plus, didnt you buy apples?"

"yeah."

silence. awkward, difficult silence.

"george," dream started, looking at his best friend who was now picking an apple out of the clear bag. "im-"

in love- no. no.

"im sorry." he finished.

"for what?" george looked up at dream.

hopefully for teasing me when you were about to kiss me at H-E-B.

"everything. sorry if ive been making you uncomfortable. i just.. i dont know."

"what? no. dont worry, you werent making me uncomfortable. i promise." george really wasn't uncomfortable when dream flirted with him, he even kind of liked it. he just didnt know how to respond.

"okay.. well lets get our way back to london, i guess."

"how did we get all the way from the uk to georgia overnight?" they walked next to each other, out the hotel room door. they went down the hallway and dropped the key at the front desk on their way out.

"thats a great question." dream patted his pockets before remembering he didnt have his phone.

"wait before we go we should ask what day it is." george turned to look back at the hotel, but still didnt stop walking.