chapter 1

dream and george were walking beside each other down the chilly streets of brighton england.

it was dark outside, and there was only a subtle, golden glow of street lamps every few feet away, lighting their path.

the road was made up of black, chunky bricks, and there were frozen over puddles lined against the curbs.

the best friends were walking in the middle of the street, walking in a comfortable silence.

dream met up with george about a week ago and he was staying in london for a little bit to give george a visit over christmas.

they spent all that day walking around the crowded streets of brighton, and decided to stay out later to embrace the crisp, cold air that was nibbling at their noses and turning their cheeks a rosy pink. gentle snow wisps fell from the sky, barely covering the streets with its soft embrace.

dream looked down slightly to glance at george.

georges clout glasses were propped on his head, his chocolate brown hair getting covered in what looked like powdered sugar. his soft brown eyes were looking at the ground, and as they walked, he kicked a rock with one foot, then as they approached it, he kicked it again. his cheeks were red from the december crisps, and his lips were pursed. he had his arms crossed over his chest to keep himself protected from the frozen air.

although he was wearing his blue branded hoodie, dream knew george was still freezing, because even dreams lime green hoodie wasnt protecting himself from the icy weather. dream put his focus back on the coal colored streets in front of him.

"londons really pretty, george." george flinched at the sound of dreams voice suddenly breaking the silence.

"i do this almost every night. isnt it beautiful?" george replied, looking up at dream.

clay continued facing forward, his green eyes locked on whatever captivated his interest in that moment. his cheeks were getting pinker as the air got cooler, bringing out his light freckles and making them more vivid. dreams lips also were turning darker, but a more bluish kind. his blonde hair was in a mess, and he didnt seem to notice it being in his face. george wanted to brush it out of the way, to satisfy is own discomfort with it being such a disaster.

"dream fix your hair," george loosened his arms from his chest, ready to brush dreams hair out of his face in case clay refused.

"its annoying to see it in your face all the time."

"what? i like my hair like this. it suits me."

george scoffed. "its a rats nest."

dream stopped walking and george did too shortly after he realized dream lagged behind. he turned around to face clay.

"dream let me fix it"

he stretched his hand to finger through dreams golden locks, but clay grabbed georges wrist above his head before he could reach it.

"no."

intimidated, and even a bit afraid, george tried to wiggle out of dreams grasp.

"let me go dream, seriously."

george knew dream would never hurt him, outside a game of minecraft, but he still was extremely uncomfortable being held so helplessly like that, especially by someone considerably stronger than him.

"dont touch my hair."

dreams eyes made like a piercing laser that magnetized georges eyes. the eye contact was so intense, it made george break out in a cold sweat.

"fine!"

dream squeezed georges wrist a little harder just for a few seconds before letting go.

"what the hell dream? that actually hurt!"

george examined his wrist, but found it was too dark on the street to properly see any damage.

"get over it, youre such a pussy."

"no im not!"

dream made eye contact with george for a millisecond before smirking and turning back around to continue down the road again.

"yeah, ok."

"whatever."

george felt his face get even more flustered, from pure embarrassment.

dream was walking with his hands by his side, and george studied them, pretending to look at the ground.

i guess he kind of does have nice hands.

george realized what he just thought and shook it out of his mind.

what the hell?

george shifted his glance from dreams hands onto the road, and kicked up another rock in his path.

he was so lost in thought he just heard an echo of dream saying

george!

run!

he looked up and right then, everything turned black.