Chapter 32

Grace slams her car door shut and locks it with a click. She walks up her driveway and opens the door to her family home.

"Hey, honey! How was shopping?" Grace's mother tells from the living room.

"Good. Got you some treats." Grace smiles, passing her the shopping bag.

"I knew there was a reason I had kids." She breathes, reaching into the bag and giving her daughter a bright smile.

Grace looks just like her mother; milk chocolate coloured skin, pronounced cheekbones, hidden slightly by soft cheeks. It's where she inherited her intense brown eyes from, but not her nose. Her nose is a mix between both of her parents, the width from her dad, and the roundness from her mum, giving it a buttoned look.

Her mum is so gorgeous, Grace used to feel so bad about the differences between them. Her lips were too big, her nose was too wide. Eventually, her mum knocked some sense into her, made her realise that her face was beautiful, and that the individual parts were what made it so. Now Grace puts gloss on her too big lips and highlighted her wide nose. She enhances the things she used to hate.

"What are you thinking about?" Fiona asks, rubbing her hand along her daughter's arm comfortingly.

"Nothing." Grace smiles, "Just thinking that I have the most beautiful mummy in the world."

"And I have the most beautiful baby." Fiona grins back happily.

Grace squeezes her mother's hand and leaves the room, carrying the rest of her shopping up the stairs into her bedroom.

It'd been a week since she had left Cardiff. The last time she saw Elina was the day they watched Arthur and Rebecca on TV. They had a big heartfelt goodbye and went their separate ways, back home to opposite sides of the River Thames.

Grace picks up her phone, planning to open up the video call app and call her best friend, when she notices a notification from the news widget on her lock screen.

Watch: Prince Arthur gushes about his bride on his stag do. ADORABLE ALERT!

Grace's body grows cold. So, she was right. Arthur had fallen for Rebecca. Well, that took him absolutely no time at all.

She really, really tries not to open the article. She knows it's going to bring nothing but heartache. But Grace is a sadist, apparently, so she opens it anyway.

"I can't wait to get married. Look down the aisle... see my beautiful bride waiting there." Arthur looks absolutely hammered. His deep brown eyes clouded and a wobbly smile on his cute face. Cute, not handsome, because the only way to describe a completely wasted Arthur is utterly adorable.

Grace had stopped paying attention but zoned back in just in time to see then end of the video, where Arthur is right in front of the camera looking all dopey and lovestruck.

"I really really lurrrv her."

Well... that told Grace.

She's happy for him, on a mature, objective level. But really, she's seething.

How did he fall in love so soon? And with Rebecca? Shes their friend. If he loves her now, was he falling for her before? When they were all at uni, spending time together? Had he been biding his time, waiting till he had his chance? Or was he unaware of his developing feelings for her?

Grace feels sick.

Her spiralling is interrupted by a soft tap on her bedroom door.

"Come in." She says quietly.