Chapter 13

Rylees POV

"Rylee?!
"Rylee?!"

I heard voices in the distance but I was to fatigued to make a sound. The silence became louder as my vision blurred. I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Barely holding on to dear life I drifted in and out of consciousness. Slowly everything vanished and it was all pitch black. Was this the end of me? Of Rylee Evans?

My eyes snapped open and I gasped for air. I wasn't in the garage anymore, I was in vast meadow with bright lively flowers all around. The tall grass tickled my sides making me smile softly. The breeze blew my hair into my face, when I went to pull it away I felt it was no longer straight and brittle but my curls were back. I looked down and I was dressed in a white flowy white transparent gown. Birds chirped beautifully in my ears, I inhaled and exhaled taking the fresh air in. Wherever I was, it was overwhelmingly magnificent.

There was cliff near the end where a lady with dirty blonde hair was sat admiring the beauty that I had seen too. Her hair flew gracefully in the wind, she was wearing the same gown I was but she looked more stunning in it than I did. Her soft lips were humming a sweet and beautiful tune. Curiously I strolled towards her pushing all the grass I could to clear my path.

She must of heard me coming because her head spun around to me. Her green eyes caught mine. Mom? I dashed towards her held out hands. She squeezed me tightly making my heart skip a beat. I'm here with my mom. I'm finally here.

Not saying a word she patted the bench beside her for me to sit and without hesitation I did. I admired the sea bellow us, the waves crashing were music to my ears. My mom observed me occupied in awe.

"Rylee?" Her soft voice asked. I haven't heard her in a long time.

"Mmhmm?" I said fiddling with the rocks beneath me.

"Why are you here?" I was puzzled at her question.

"I'm here to be with you."

"My sweet sweet girl" she smiled slightly and brushed through my curls.

"Your brothers need you."

"No mom I can't go back. I want to be with you." I insisted.

"I know my baby but I'm happy don't you see?" She waved her hands across the meadow.

"Be there for them Rylee. They need you"

I whimpered. I didn't want to leave her again.

"It's ok Rylee, we'll meet again I promise" My mom said coming in for another hug. We held each other for a while until it was time for me to go.

"Go on now Rylee. Go home."

And with that I left her again.

My weary eyes opened and I was back in the garage. My weak body stood no chance of being able to move but I had to make it to the door before I died for good. I could hear my brothers sobbing from outside the door. I tried my best to crawl to them but I was exhausted and my arms felt like they were going to give out again. It took every inch of my strength to reach the door knob. Unlocking the door, I opened it but blacked out right when I saw them all.

............

"She should make a quick recovery but in the meantime keep an eye on her."

"She got lucky that she got here in time Mr Evans and she'll need therapy and consider testing for PTSD."

I could hear voices but my eyes were too worn out to open. Therapy? PTSD? I couldn't handle talking to a stranger about my problems, I'd be reliving it all again. I just couldn't.

"Thank you doctor" 

"It's going to be ok" A voice that I think was Adrians consoled. 

"How did she even know about her?" Ryker asked angrily.

"I don't know man." Cole sighed.

It would take sometime to forgive myself after what I had just tried to do. It would take some time for my brothers to forgive me. I came back for them but i don't deserve to be here, I don't deserve to be with mom either and in some ways I think that I deserve to be with Elliot. I deserved to be punished.

"Hi" I said in my horse voice. Finally being able to open my eyes I groaned at my headache.

"Hey sweet girl" Luke cooed. I'm fifteen not five years old.

"I'm sorry." I hung my head down in shame.

"Hey, hey it's ok Ry we should have been there for you" Cole expressed his regret. I feel pathetic and awful for making them feel like they had to take care of me. I'm fifteen, no one should have to worry about me. Why couldn't they not care like Elliot had? Why couldn't they knock the air out of me and leave me bleeding like Elliot had? Why couldn't they hate me like Elliot had?

"The doctor said you should get some rest ok?" Noah urged.

"But I just woke up" I laughed while also coughing. He raised his eyebrows challenging me and I rolled my eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?"

On second thought,  sleep seemed like a pretty good idea right about now.

————————————————————————————————————

Hiiiiii again!!!!!!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have/had a wonderful day!  Please vote and comment.❤️😊