Chapter 5

—————-*flash back*—————

"Mommy can i go play out in the garden" ten year old Rylee pouted clasping her hands together. 

"Pwetty please!" Rylee begged using her big brown dough eyes as a weapon.

"Im sorry Ry but it's to late out right now" her mother sighed slightly annoyed that her daughter had been begging for an hour.

"FINE!" Rylee crossed her arms as she stomped out of the living room heading for the back door.

"Ry what are you doing?" Noah raised an eyebrow lifting his sister off her feet making her giggle.

"Now tell me where your going missy" he glared at her playfully while she hung upside down.

"I'm just going to get my boots from outside Noah" she lied through her teeth in a duh tone.

"Well then be on your way" he chuckled and put Rylee back on her feet. Rylee skipped  through the door merrily and proudly for being so sneaky.

...
"Psss" a voice whispered from inside the bushes.

Rylee had been outside for over an hour now playing on the grass talking to every flower and creature she could spot. She looked around to find the unknown whisper but dismissed it when she saw no one.

"Psss" the whisper returned.

"Hello is anyone there" she beamed thinking that one of the garden flowers or creatures had finally talked back to her.

"Hey sweetheart" a short elderly man came out of the bushes waving with a sinister smile. Rylee had always seen the kindness in every one so she waved back to the man. Little Rylee didn't know that that mistake would haunt her forever.

"Uh- my little puppy is lost somewhere will you help me find it sweet girl?" He pouted

"Of course I will mister!" She squealed with excitement at the mention of a puppy.

The foul man took Rylees hand in his filthy wrinkly one and they walked off into the sunset to 'begin the search of his puppy'.

———————*End of flash back* —————————

Rylee sat up in a flash drenched in sweat, with her hands still shaking from the dream\memory she'd had. She looked around to see she'd been in the living room, with her brothers scattered on the floor on top of each other, arms and legs all around the place. She carefully tip toed around the boys and walked towards the place where it all started.

The place remained the same for the most part. Moms garden was dead, every single flower was dead and the colors wiped from every petal. Rylee plucked a dark brown rose and smiled sadly. The rose had such a dark and sad beauty that she found comfort in. She strolled through the garden inspecting everything and that's when she heard the 'psss'. Rylee knew that the whisper she'd heard wasn't really there and it was just her mind playing tricks on her but she couldn't help it and she fell to her knees and weeped .

The back door opened and she heard several foot steps sprint towards her but ignored it and continued sobbing while four pairs of hands held her close.

——————————————————————————————————-

Hiiiii again!

Thank you so much for reading and if you can please vote and comment even if it's just one emoji it would still mean the world to me🥺❤️

I hope your enjoying the story so far and I think I'm going to start updating two times a day.

You'll meet the other characters soon :).

Bye have a nice day 😊🥰.